Slow loading Qobuz when loading Hi res

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When I stream music from Qobuz in high res format I get a message “Qobuz slow loading” and skipping to next songs.

When I change to CD resolution the problem doesn’t appear.

This generally indicates network bandwidth issues.
If using wifi try ethernet. Otherwise you may be limited by your ISPs speed allocation.

2 Likes

Hi @jur_osinga thanks for letting us know that this has been happening, we’re sorry for the delay in our reply!

@MamaTried has some great points, this can usually occur when network issues are present. So that we can properly assist, could you please provide us with a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks!

I am using a mac mini 2014 as a core. my roon endpoint is a raspberry loaded with the latest version of ropiee followed by a DIY dac from Audio Creative. The modem is an Experiabox V10. the comlete constellation is hard wired.The music and back u files are stored on a Synology NAS

regards

Streaming HiRes content from Qobuz tends to be pretty demanding on the network, and even more so through Roon.

If you connect the Mac Mini directly to the router using a wired connection, does this issue still occur? If it’s already hardwired to the router, can you try using a different cable, as it might be that the cable is faulty?

Additionally, do you receive this error when playing to System Output?

1 Like

Ashley, as you suggested i replaced the cable between the router and the Mac mini.
result: it worked well !!
thanks for your recommandations and best regards.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’m so glad that worked for you :relieved:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.