Slow performance when adding albums again

Hello @Tor_Gunnar_Berland,

No worries, I’ll let you know once I hear back from QA and we can continue troubleshooting once you get back, hope you enjoy vacation! I have enabled diagnostics mode on your Nucleus+ as you mentioned that device in your first comment. Have you noticed all the reported album behavior on your Nucleus? The most recent timestamp you provided (at 00:40), that’s for the Nucleus correct?

If you need me to enable diagnostics on your other Core, please just let me know which albums you were experiencing difficulties with on the other Core and leave it powered on, we can certainly take a look at those diagnostics as well.

Thanks,
Noris

Now it is slow again; 20:08 CET

20:12 CET

20:26 CET

Welcome back! I had a chance to speak to QA regarding your case and they mentioned that the issue seems to be network related, the previous logs show there is slowness when downloading images from the metadata services.

They have been unable to reproduce the issue with the Dire Straits Album that you have submitted and were wondering if this issue is evident on the work setup as well since signs are pointing to network instability on your home network.

I can confirm that we have received the new diagnostics for your machine with the timestamps from your post today and I have submitted those to QA for analysis as well. While I cannot provide a comprehensive analysis of what’s going on until QA finishes their report, I did still notice some network instability in the logs from today.

I will be sure to let you know once QA has completed their report and their findings but in the meantime I am wondering if this same issue exists when you bypass the managed switches and connect the Nucleus and Roon Remote directly to your Router and verify if the same issue occurs. Please let me know your findings.

Thanks,
Noris

I have just received the completed report back from QA and they have noted similar findings as I did. There appear to be network instabilities that are not permanent, which is why some albums are added almost instantly and some might take some time.

The suggested next step here would be to simplify the network by connecting the NAS, Nucleus and Roon Remote directly to the router and verify if you are able to reproduce the issue. If you would like to test against this issue using the same album as before, I can provide the following steps:

• Create a Backup of your Database before performing any of the below steps
  • Remove the Dire Straits album from your Watched Storage Folder
  • Navigate to Roon Settings -> Library -> Clean Up Library
  • Perform the “Clean up XXX deleted files” function
  • Add back the album to your watched folder
  • Verify the speed in which the import processes

Note: Please be careful when using the Clean Up Library function as any watched folder that you have disabled may be impacted by it. This thread and this one describe such cases but for testing purposes you can use it to verify if the same slowness occurs for the same album

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce this behavior after connecting the devices directly to the Router.

Thanks,
Noris

Not sure if it is due to updates or other changes outside my home - but have not experienced any issues with slow performance when adding albums lately. I will set this as resolved and report if I see this issue again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.