Slow response and bad shuffle functions

The response at startup and searching for the audiodevice is very slow. It takes minutes to find the core.

The library is on a MacBook pro 15" early 2011 with an Crucial 750 GB SSD and 4 GB ram. OS Sierra 10.12.3 and Roon 1.3 (build 209).

The app on a iPad or iPhone is even worser. No connection after several minutes. That is really boring.:disappointed_relieved:
There is not such an problem when I use iTunes or another music player.

Another problem is the shuffle function. I’m not talking about the radio function, I know the difference. Some tracks I hear more than once a day and others never. There’re more than 3000 tracks in the library. How can I fixed it?

Hi @CortoMaltese ----- Thank you for the report and the feedback. Both are appreciated. Can you tell me what type processor is in the MacBook Pro (i.e i7) and the size of you musical collection based on track number?

Furthermore, can you please describe your network configuration/topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you are implementing. I want to understand how your devices are communicating and what tools you’re using to make those connections possible.

-Eric

The MacBook Pro is a 15" early 2011 model. With a 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 750 GB SSD SATA (Crucial CT750MX300SSDI)

The library contains 9,41 GB data, 260 artists with a total of 3056 tracks. Most of them are AIFF.

The MacBook is connected with a optical or usb cable and goes into a Soekris dac.

For the communication with the iPad and iPhone I use WIFI. A Apple Airport extreme 5 GHz. I’ve never had a problem with this connection and down- and upload speed are fast.

Hi @CortoMaltese ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are appreciated!

So if I am understanding this correctly you are experiencing sluggishness on your MacBook Pro and your two remotes, correct? Can you verify if you have tried to reinstall the application on your remote devices?

-Eric

The sluggishness is on the MacBook and all the ios devices ( 3 iPhones and 2 iPads). I’ve done a fresh OSX install on the MacBook, clean up the library, but with no result at all. Sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes for a device to make a connection with the core. Or in the worst case there is no connection at all. A new install on the devices didn’t give any progression. The problem remains.

Hi @CortoMaltese — Thank you for the follow up, my apologies for the slow response. I would like to grab some logs from you so we can take a look at what could be causing this slow behavior to occur.

I will be contacting momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

When I’m back from a short holiday I will send you the log files.

A post was split to a new topic: Sluggish Roon system