Slow search and overview

Just looked at this thread and also have been noticing very slow Roon speed. Clicking overview takes almost 10 secs. Searching for a random group also almost 10 seconds. Some searches have gone on for minutes. This has never been this slow in the past. I also have blistering extreme speed Internet, i7 processor in a small green computer sonic transporter, a data base that is not enormous, and all high quality hi speed cables and switches. More importantly, this talk of regional differences or internet slow downs is laughable. SOMETHING has changed in the programming that is causing the slowdoyso don’t blame users system. The system used to be quite speedy and now it’s not. Fix it.

Hi @larry_green,

Apologies for the trouble here! We are looking into these reports in individual support threads so we can better identify what may be occurring, so I’ve split your post out into it’s own thread.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you experience any other slowness besides Overview and Search?

Is this always slow, or occasional? Does rebooting your Core yield any changes?

Rebooted Roon core and no different. I have a Schiit Yggy gen5, analog upgrade DAC. Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer. Small green computer Sonictransporter i7. Rendu is hardwired to Orbi mesh router. All cables are hi speed spec. Internet WiFi via Speedtest is 333 mbps. The overview seems ok now but searching for a specific group takes about 8-10 seconds. The only change in my system since using Roon is I recently upgraded the Sonore streamer to have an optical input. So the Ethernet cable from router goes to an optical converter and then fiber optic cable to streamer. Usb is used from streamer to dac.

Thanks for the details here, @larry_green!

So I can get some additional info for the team may I ask that you please try the following:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.