Slow search + Chromecast/Airplay cannot be enabled

Hi @Torpi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I should note that while Roon may somewhat work in the way you have things set up here, Roon is designed to operate on one flat subnet/VLAN and your proposed setup here is on the more “experimental” side of things.

This setup seems quite complex so my initial suggestion here is to simplify things a bit, by this I mean:

• Have Roon running as the Core on a standard OS (Windows/Ubuntu/OSX)
  • Bypass the mDNS repeaters/VLAN configurations (possibly by using a consumer-grade router)
  • Have both the Core + Remote + Endpoint on the same VLAN/Subnet
  • See if things remain stable in this kind of config
  • Start adding complexity only once the simple setup is confirmed to work properly
  • This should address points #1 & #2

We are currently investigating some search issues as Mike mentioned here (Build 416 Search Performance Feedback) and this is an ongoing process. We have allocated some additional dev resources to this aspect but between 40 seconds - 4 minutes sounds very atypical, especially if this differs in a WINE environment on the same machine. I wonder if perhaps this issue is due to the OS in use and Roon being in the Docker container?

Yes, this is possible using Roon’s Backup Manager (<-clickable link) and these backups can transfer over to different platforms. You can further use these Migration Instructions to perform the database transfer over.

Please let me know if you are able to take a look at my above suggestions when you have a chance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks,
Noris