Slow search performance

Search is still painfully slow for me. @brian when can we actually expect to see improvements?

I had friends over for listening last weekend. They made requests of songs to play. It took a ridiculous amount of time to pull up the albums.

Can’t you make any quick fixes? Why can’t Roon jump directly to the artist or album page? It I start typing “Rush”, “Rush” appears as a selection at the top. Selecting this does a search for occurrences of “Rush”. Why waste our time with that when my intention is to go directly to the artist? I’m then penalized again when I select the artist Rush as search is finding their albums.

This was a wonderful user experience at one time. I was so dang pleased that I purchased the lifetime license when my year was up in April. Then shortly after that search performance badly degraded. I’m getting really frustrated with this.

I paid top dollar for what was the best application for serving up my music library. And now I have search performance that is the worst - by far - with “free” applications significantly outperforming Roon. My friends couldn’t believe how long it would take me to pull up albums just to get a list of the tracks.

yep its taken a tumble in speed this week. This matter is not yet done, that’s for sure.

You can go straight to the artist or album from the artists screen or albums screen. Don’t use search at all for that. Then you only have to search if an artist is not in your library.

You may find your whole Roon is faster if you never search. My belief is that Roon search has some sort of resource problem. Using it slows Roon down.

1 Like

Hi @Ken_Bauernfreund,

How often do you experience slow searches? Is every search performing slowly or just some? Can you give some examples of items you’ve searched for and how long the search takes to complete?

Additionally, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.