Slow searches have returned :(

Yes, this morning it is really bad. 5-7 seconds wait

Likely be worse when NA wakes up.

Yes, the search works slower now than it used to. But, it varies a bit how long it takes.

If only there was some way of logging search time and putting all that data on a web dashboard for users to look at broken down by country, by streaming service etc…

Yep. Same. Been like that for a couple weeks for me.

1 Like

Maybe everyone should unplug there gear including your router for a few minutes. Close all apps on you’re remote. Mostly does the job for me.

1 Like

Search is super slow here also since the lastest 1.8 sticking plaster. Almost looks like it ain’t going to make it at times. Noticed that lots of album art is missing when it does deliver results.

1.8 is Bug City

3 Likes

Taking up to 30 secs to find artists now the whole US is awake. Absolute tosh this is. One thing is consistent about 1.8 is its crapness. 3 days left till renewal I am seriously thinking about stopping the renewal right now. There is no way excuse for this constant poor performance.

2 Likes

Did anyone get a reply from @support so far?

Done already, multiple times. Search is consistently slow on two different Roon Core accounts / networks in completely different locations (2.5 miles apart). I’m in the US using Qobuz FWIW.

No problem here Qobuz (Netherlands). Seems like an individual problem otherwise we would have many more reactions from Roon users as the 30 or so at this moment.

So wrong it untrue. Roons servers have form or I should say lack of and this is very much the same issue it always is, their backend. The amount of times I heard it must be your kit when issues like this first raised there ugly head with 1.6 and many users also did not experience it, yet many did. They finally admitted it was their end and every time since it’s always been their end Just because its not affecting you doesn’t mean it’s not a thing. Several factors come into play and I feel one of the streaming services seems to be affected more than the other. If you have just local files you never really experience it. And it gets worse later in the day here when the US wakes up.

1 Like

If only that were true. We experience the same wait you do when trying simple things like getting an artist page to load whilst core is playing fetch from roon’s cloud to populate simple things like:

and

So editorial content is shoved down our throats with no ability to opt out and then the delivery is screwed up to top it off.

3 Likes

“No problem” can be very subjective. Yesterday my cousin told me he didn’t have any “Roon is slow again” issues. He tested it and told me a search for Miles Davis “only” took three to four seconds… He even called that “lightning fast”. And then I told him it usually takes less than a second here…

That’s crap, used to quick as on 1.7 when I disabled streaming to test it but have to say not tried on 1.8.

local library only, around 220k Tracks. No subscription. It was slow with 1.7 and is now slow again with 1.8

1 Like

About a second was what I was getting now it fluctuates between 5 first thing in the morning to 20-30 in the later evening. So indicates load is a problem somewhere and always seems to relate with the US waking up. No other services suffer like this.

It does feel like all connections to Roon network have to go via the US and we don’t have a local CDN for the database around our regions. I could be wrong but it certainly feels like this is the case. Be good to get some clarification on why we have had issues like this more and more since 1.8. It had its moments on 1.7 but they didn’t last long, now it’s more prolonged and outages have happened way more.

It’s not even just searches adding an album from Qobuz takes 20+ secs ridiculous.

I also noticed a slower search after the latest update.

Second that, size is 15% of your library, still slow