Slow starting playback, skip track, fast forward

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
PC Intel Quadcore 9550, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit;
Roon server 1.7 build 667, local library on NAS Synology

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Router Mikrotik RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC
Cat 6 wire to all devices and endpoints (except tablets & phone)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Auralic Aries Femto, wired, DAC RME ADI2; PC wired, tablet on WiFi

Description Of Issue
Playback on Aries starts quite slow after 4-7 seconds, also skipping to next track takes the same time, fast forward within the track takes 2-6 seconds, no matter what control point is in use - phone, tablet or PC.

This mainly concerns Tidal and Qobuz files but local tracks also takes about 4-5 seconds to start, fast forward about 2 sec. When the endpoint is PC, tablet or phone playback starts instantly, skipping or fast forward also very fast.

Before Roon I was using Aries with control point BubbleUpNp or Bubble DS and with both the reaction was very fast.

Any idea what’s the issue?
Regards,
Andrew

Your server processor is under the recommended specification so that might be part of the problem.
Compared to a gen8 nuc processor.

Thanks for prompt reply. I wondered it can be the point. In a few days a friend of mine would take his server (i7) and we will check.

But one thing doesn’t stick to this diagnosis - when I play music on the control point, or from one control to the another, playback, skip track and fotward works smoothly with no lags.

Checked with server i7, no change - slow starting playback, fast forward, skipping. Timings the same. It proves that’s not the weak server causes this lags.
We also used a friend’s Rpi3+DigiOne - much, much faster reaction, rather immediate.
SQ much higher with Auralic anyway.
@support - have you had anybody reporting similar issue before? What to look for?

Hi @Andrzej_Woznicki,

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to the Aries?

Hi Dylan,
Thanks for response. Attached screens with Tidal and local library.

Hello @Andrzej_Woznicki, are you seeing a delay in playback when playing to system output or other endpoints?

Hello,
system output is not affected, as well as phone or tablet. Issue concerns Auralic Aries Femto (as on the screens above), also with core on i7 machine was the same. Earlier, when I used a Bubble DS, reaction was always lightning fast - both with local libray and Tidal.

Hello @Andrzej_Woznicki, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp (your local time) when you do? Please also include the track name that was playing at the time. I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account.

Time 17:47, track as below screen. Approx 6 sec to start play. Surprisingly the other (mostly cd quality) starts now in approx 2 sec.

Hello @Andrzej_Woznicki,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.