Slow to start local album playback in Roon

I have this problem too (I think it’s the same).
Here are some details that might help.
Local album, on fast mac mini.
I click play
It can take say 10 seconds on average to start - way too long.
It seems to start playing only after “versions” loads
i.e. I think the delay is calling out to Tidal to find other versions of the albums, and only starting after that info is loaded.
I suggest that loading be asynchronous - let the album start paying as soon as the bits can be loaded, and load all the other information in parallel, not waiting for it before starting playback.

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you reboot your Core machine do things speed up at all after?

Besides playback slowness is everything else working as expected?

I tracked down the worst of the problem (would take minutes for an album to start playing)…
I was hitting itunes pretty hard - changing lots of metadata. I guess Roon and itunes are more closely linked than I thought. (Or if they shouldn’t be let me know and we can debug further…)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.