Sluggish iOS app, often stuck on core search when re-opened

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon running on Rock 1.0 (build 227)
Nuc8i5 with 8gb of ram

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NBN (fibre) modem with Ethernet Hard wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hard wired NAD C368 with BlueOs module connected via Ethernet

2x Sonos Play 5s (wireless with boost)

iPhone 11 Pro Max remote

Description Of Issue

The iOS app is incredibly slow, and often gets stuck on core search (pls see attached pic), especially when going back to the app after having selected music.

Up!

No help? :frowning:

Hey @Marco_Patruno,

Thanks for following up on your post and for your unbelievable patience while we got a chance to reply. I am sorry it took us much longer than we had hoped :pleading_face:.

I was wondering, did you get a chance to:

• uninstall the Roon Remote app
  • restart your iPhone
  • reinstall the Roon Remote app

Please, let me know if that helps at all :pray:

Thanks Rebeka,

tried it all… every time I use the app after i switch to another app and I go back, the app takes time to reconnect and often it does not find the core at all.

There’s no way out of it.

Seriously it’s an expensive platform, targeted to audiophiles and I expect a decent stability.

The iOS app keeps crashing over over and over again. I uninstall it, install it again and again, restart the phone. Tried 10k times and nothing, I can’t use the app smoothly for more than 20 mins.

I di t wanna live with my laptop constantly there as remote, it’s pointless.

I am very very very disappointed.

I’m glad this is been looked into… ahahah

I’m quite sure that I’m not the only one experiencing this massive issue.

Hey @Marco_Patruno,

I’m incredibly sorry that we are the source of real disappointment - it’s not what we had hoped Roon will be for you.

Actually, this is actually being looked into here:

If you wanted to lend a helping hand, replying on that thread (as well) will help our team immensely in their investigation.

Please, don’t lose hope :angel:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.