Sluggish performance since update

My only gripe with 1.6 after using it since release is stability and sluggishness.

Roon will periodically either stop playing, pause, or hang with the song stuck and never plays until I hit play/skip or reboot.

And search and loading is very slow. Sometimes a search or selecting an album takes up to 15 seconds long.

I didn’t have any of these issues with 1.5, and nothing has changed on my end. After looking through the forums I’ve seen recommendations of switching to Google DNS settings, so after trying that it seems worse. Very frustrating.

I have seen no difference in speed or stability with Roon 1.6 versus Roon 1.5 using Qobuz. Search speed is fine. Maybe you have some other issue or issues. What hardware platform(s) are you using for the server and endpoint(s)?

I’ve seen plenty of people with the same issues since the release of 1.6.

Wireless router to Roon core on my Win10 laptop to Schiit Fulla 2. The only difference besides v1.6 update have been Windows updates so maybe that’s it. I should say though that Roon is usually very snappy and the sluggishness is only occasionally.

Have you tried a wired connection? Have you restarted the system running the Roon Core?

Hi @Mac_Rebant,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often would you say Roon gets into this state? Have you noticed any particular patterns leading to slow performance?

I’m running my roon core on an i7 era intel NUC. I noticed sluggish behavior after the update. About a week ago I created a daily task to reset the NUC. Since then - resetting the PC everyday - the sluggish behavior is gone. Worth a try.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.