Sluggish Roon. Spinner while changing tracks

I’ve been noticing that lately Roon when say just forwarding to the next track is giving me the spinning beach ball. Like taking 10-15 seconds just to update to the next track. If I click on the app to say change the volume I’m having to wait a good 10 seconds until I can actually do that. Is this a sign of things to come? Slower and slower performance. Seems like once i’m in the app and jumping around using it, it doesn’t make me wait so much but when I just click on the remote app from my desktop computer or phone app after not being on it for a while I get some really sluggish performance for a bit.

Hi @ryan_stratton,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to verify, is this happening with every remote device? When things are slow for one device are they slow for all devices?

It’s working normally now. I’ll try and take note if one device is slow if others are as well. I’m mostly using the remote app on my iMac to control it and that is where I’m experiencing the slowness. Next time it’s doing it I’ll get my iPhone app and see if it’s there too.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @ryan_stratton,

Yes, it is suggested to see if this behavior occurs on multiple remotes so that we can narrow down the issue further. If this occurs again please provide some additional information regarding your setup such as:

• What is the model of the OSX remote?
  • How much RAM does it have?
  • Are you using the latest OSX version?
  • Are there multiple apps open at the same time on your OSX when this behavior occurs?
  • If you try closing out any other active apps except for the Roon app, does the behavior continue?

– Noris

– Noris

Still a slow and frustrating at times start to getting this to all work smooth. Seems like everything is fine and working nice and snappy then the last day or so it’s taking forever to do a search for instance and once again when I try to set up a shuffle play and airplay it to a couple of zones it stops on it’s own. Looks like it’s back to spotify app and airfoil to play to two zones at once. That works perfect and never stops so leads me to believe it’s more of an issue with either the nucleus + or the program itself. I’ve never really had any issues with iTunes or from Tidal or Spotify via either airplay or using Airfoil to stream system audio so I don’t think it has anything to do with my network or hardware other typical things that are usually blamed it seems when it comes to issues with Roon.