Small design mistake in Roon (played / added)?

Looks like in the Mac version 2.0 version build 1143 is a design mistake. If look at home page under recent activity you see there your last played and last added overviews. There is in other remotes (e.g. iOS) a small underscore under the words display or added when selected. As you can see in attached screenshot this is wrongly done in MacOS. In both cases added is underscored not matter which you selected. Given the impression that last added overview is selected.

Not seeing that behavior

Using build 1143 on my MacBook Air

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 5.27.41 AM

Not support, not a MAC user, not liable, and maybe not helpful either …
… but offering the "have you rebooted yet’ recommendation, nonetheless.
:person_raising_hand:

1 Like

Thanks, but yes rebooted before posted this. Surprised that something like this (simple header of an overview) can even go wrong at all at one instance level. As other respondent (MacBook) shows it does not have this and also myself do not have it on iPhone and core (Windows laptop). It is not a showstopper but very curious (and recognize anyway what I added or played even without a proper header). Gives me just an uncomfortable feeling about this software.

Additional details like which Mac model and os versions too at the very least

Core:
HP EliteBook 840 G1, Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, Intel(R) Core™ i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical, Physical Memory (RAM) 16,00 GB, Windows 10 Enterprise

Remote:
iMac 2017, 3,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Radeon Pro 560 4 GB, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.

(Problem only occurs on remote, core shows correct info)

since it’s just the remote, I’d uninstall and reinstall the Roon app on your mac.

(in the interest of science)

dont forget to remove the database and settings in the imac ~library/roon folders… NOT the CORE machine

Guys, really ?
(Do you think I am going through all these motions just because the header of an overview is not displayed correctly. Until I am hit by other issues the remote on iMac runs as is and I life with this quirk. The only thing I hope is that those involved in support absorb issues by users, filter, prioritize and feed this back to software team. So, that we all get what we want: robust, hassle free software).

Guess it depends on your OCD tolerance levels :joy:

Have whole encyclopedia of neurosis but low on OCD… :upside_down_face:

Let’s close this topic after this.

But one more observation from quality management perspective. If I was working in support I would prefer never that someone just re-install the software to solve an issue if I did not know or could find out what the underlying problem was or replicate it myself as support. So reckon this is now on the list of things never coming back…

Greetings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.