Smart playlist functionality to allow for things like, most recently added

I would like to set up a “smart playlist” that has the most recently added music for a given time period

For example, I want it to have the latest music added to my collection from the last 2 weeks, and always be updated.

(I like to play on random my most recent tracks. I had this set up in Foobar2k before moving to Roon)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Go to Album view; click Focus; click on Added graphic; click on Week or Month (closest you can get as of now)

Save as bookmark (eg. “Added in past month”);

You can retrieve this bookmark’s contents at any time and it will dynamically update to include album added during past 30/31(?) days; click Shuffle

I use something similar to show me albums I’ve never played since I’ve been using Roon

Hope this works

Close but not quite the same. Focus only allows one to pick a date plus greater or equal or less than or equal…so the bookmark will always look back to Oct 10th in this example below.

20%20PM

Thanks for your responses. Larry is right though

It doesn’t look like there is a way to do this currently.

Hi everyone. I’m using Roon sice yesterday and the first thing I miss is Smart Playlist. Really? Even free MusicBee can do that. I would like to listen to playlist where: year is between 1990-1995, genre include thrash, country is USA.

What you are describing can be done with the Focus feature.

My request differs, in that the date added is dynamic

I know, already found it. But when browsing through artist cannot choose “date” (only country and genre) and when browsing through albums cannot choose “counry” - that’s my point.