Smartlists; slow library update; ordering Tidal lists

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Fanless i7 32Gb RAM battery powered running latest version of Roon on Windows Server 2012 R2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hardwired Synology DS216 - latest Synology firmware, connected by WIFI to main household network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MSB Renderer 2

Description Of Issue

I have three issues/feature requests - i.e. it’s possible that solutions already exist, but I simply haven’t found them.

SLOW LIBRARY UPDATE

I maintain a master music collection on my main computer, and play from a separate NAS, which I keep synchronised to the master collection. So every time I buy some more music, I first download or rip or digitise it to master collection, then synchronise that collection to the ‘playing’ collection on the NAS through wifi. I have around 50,000 tracks.

It often takes up to 3-4 days for new files to appear in ROON. I also use JRiver, and although it will also automatically update eventually, I can also force a library update in JRiver, and Hey Presto!, I have all my files. Is there any equivalent in Roon?

SMARTLISTS
JRiver also allows me to have smartlists - which enabled me to create smartlists which automatically update to show my most recent purchases - as well as many other dynamic playlists. Is there an equivalent in Roon?
At the moment I set up all my playlists in JRiver and then export them into Roon, as I find it much easier, but exporting smartlists seem to only export the current track listing at the moment of export.

TIDAL FAVOURITES
I use TIDAL to audition music I’m considering purchasing. Within the TIDAL app favourite albums can be listed in the order they’re added, so the most recent additions are always on top. However, when you open the same lists in Roon, they’re always ordered alphabetically. Is ti possible to order them by date/time added?

Thanks, and apologies if these issues all have solutions I’ve missed.

Hi @Graham_Thorburn1,

Thanks for your post here, let me try to address your questions below:

You can give “Force Rescan” a try in the Roon Settings -> Storage tab and it looks like this:

Also in the same menu, you should be able to click on “Edit” and then set the Automatic Rescan Interval to a shorter period of time:

You can create a “smart playlist” in Roon by using the Focus feature and more information regarding Focus can be found here.

You can sort the tracks in your library by date added by going to the “Tracks” browser from the main menu and then clicking on the “down-arrow” and adding an additional “Date Added” option to the columns:

If you wish to only include TIDAL tracks on this list, you can use the previously mentioned Focus feature and focus Roon on Format -> TIDAL to sort out local library tracks from the TIDAL tracks.

Hope this helps!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.