Snapshotting taking hours - Is it stuck?

Roon Core Machine

Mac Studio M1Max 32GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hardwired network to Eero router

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

70K Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon has been displaying a message on screen saying Snappshoting Database for backup for a number of hours now. It indicates it could takes minutes upto an hour depending on size. But it has been hours now so am wondering if there is an issue?

I am fearful to close the app in case of causing an issue. Do I just keep letting it run? Other than the message there is no indication it is doing anything i.e. Disk spinning etc. Roon is using about 18% of CPU though.

Please advise.

Thanks

Keith

I gave up after over 12 hours and turned my machine off. I have restarted Roon this morning and there are no apparent issues.

Have you been able to create a backup since restarting Roon? If so, the you’re probably good to go.

Thanks! Just done one now and worked fine. Puzzled why it was “Stuck” in snapshotting.

1 Like

There might be some clues in the log files but, as you’ve now managed to complete a backup, it’s probably not worth worrying about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.