Snark free zone 2021

No problem with MQA, just not much a fan of the MQA threads :slight_smile:

1 Like

With a monthly subscription, fresh tanks delivered to your door.

I agree they are some people who will always be a “NOT A HAPPY LOT”. Been an Audiophile for over 50 years and experience similar responses in some Audio magazines or you-tube Audio(always complaining &criticizing without any technical knowledge and never satisfied/content). They make themself important and pretend to know it all and forget the essence of Audio which is to enjoy music and chill out. This kind of people looking for the holy grail and we know they never will find it.

I don’t really have a problem with people that are generally unhappy, who are taking positions I think are baloney, or who are chasing things I don’t chase (anymore). That diversity has a place, even if you really disagree or it makes you uncomfortable. And sometimes a good person is having a really bad day.
People get muted or ignored when they take a mean-spirited position, intended to attack or annoy. The MODs get some of this, but generally speaking these folks know how to test limits and persist. Its a shame, but that is just the world we live in, especially the online world.
But to each their own.

Why do we take this as a given? That if a community is online that it is prone to being nasty and mean? I am in many communities online where this is not the case. The members of the community have to make that choice and commitment.

What everyone shares here is a love of music.

Thanks for this. I’m a Roon newby. I do my best to search through threads to find previously answered questions and ideas. Sometimes I am tempted to ask the community a question, but the tone of many responses feels unwelcoming in this forum. I hope folks can recall times when their own lack of understanding did not reflect a lack of intelligence or of effort. I hope we can look forward to civil postings with plenty of give and take - even disagreement. Not every online forum needs to be in a race to the bottom.

2 Likes

I’m the fellow who listens, watches, and reflects. I agree with the tenor of this discussion. I am also quite happy to learn about the controls built into the discussion space to isolate those who wish to be aggressive!

I am also a newby, in that I am new to posting commentary. But I’ve been reading commentary since 2007.

May we discuss these topics reasonably, with respect for one another. May we pursue facts. May we continue to expose those selling snake oil, so that our colleagues may sidestep their wares. No reasonable person wants to waste their treasure on garbage; our thanks to those who help us avoid these mistakes.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Roon Community @James_Sullivan1!

1 Like

We fixed that aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago

2 Likes