Software tax to buy

How much is tax on the software when u buy it ? In Ontario Canada

1 Like

What software are you referring to? The Roon software is free, but requires a subscription.

Roon licenses are sold throughout the world. Taxes on services such as software licenses vary according to where you live. If you describe which jurisdiction you are asking about, another user might be able to assist.

I live in BC and was not charged tax on my annual subscription. Unless you call the laughable exchange rate for the US$ to the Canadian Peso a tax…

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. I live in Ontario too, and was thinking of getting the Lifetime sub, but it’s already bad with the exchange rate, it would totally suck get charged 13% on top of that haha. What did you end up doing, if I may ask? Thanks!

I’m still on annual payments, but seriously thinking about going for a lifetime before the end of the year. I wasn’t charged tax on my last annual sub in January, but I now seem to be paying 5% if I buy a digital download no matter where from (I know Canada changed the rules on that fairly recently). I also have an annual sub for Adobe Creative Cloud (billed in US$) and this year I paid both GST and PST (total 12%) on that. I agree that adding full GST/PST would suck. Bit of a lottery I guess :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and for the info! Interesting… I did get charged for Audirvana’s monthly subscription, so I’m assuming it’ll be same if I decide to buy Roon (also thinking very hard about the lifetime one, lol)

1 Like