SOLVED: Do I really need a static IP to make Roon Arc work?

It appears you have two routers which both do NAT. Do you use both to connect devices? Wifi or ethernet?

Nope, ISP modem has only one link to another device, the Asus Router. And Wifi is not used (at least not on purpose)

Diagnostic when UPnP is deactivated in Asus Router:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 81.164.123.198:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“81.164.123.198”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: ConnectFailure”}
}

Diagnostic when UPnP is activated in Asus Router:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 81.164.123.198:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“81.164.123.198”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.0.108”},
“status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi,

As mentioned no expert on this topic, but i think your ISP modem has UPnP enabled by default and when you turn on UPnP on the Asus router you get the MultipleNatFound error.

I don’t know the DOCSIS 3.1 WIRELESS modem, as far as i could found on Google i don’t see any option to disable UPnP on that device. Maybe @Joost_Hoogland knows more about this or you could contact your ISP.

I can’t help you any further, sorry.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

WOOHOO !!!

I’ll explain later…

2 Likes

The solution to my problem can be found in this document:

Open it up and at the bottom you will find this:

I found out that when you activate UPnP, I don’t have to do a Port Forwarding, but when you do, you have to deactivate UPnP… strange, but that’s how it now works here/

So, in my ISP Modem, I made port forwarding from the external ISP address to my ISP Modem IP address, AND I disabled UPnP in the ISP Modem (Enabling UPnP without the Port Forwarding didn’t work)

Then I simply activated UPnP in my own Asus Modem, without Port Forwarding. If I do a port forwarding to the Roon Core, it’s not working, so only activation of UPnP did the job.

Maybe others can benefit from what I found…:slight_smile: , it’s worth trying…

4 Likes

I’m glad you were able to resolve your issue.

I noticed in an earlier post that you also had “Enable Port Trigger” = “Yes” on the Asus router. It didn’t look like you had any port trigger rules defined, so you may want to consider disabling this if you haven’t already.

(If you are interested in seeing the manual port forwarding setup I have on my Asus router, please let me know. I already have it typed up, but it’s very similar to what you already tried. I also don’t have a cable modem that was causing troubles, so the environment is a bit different.)

@Nepherte - what are you talking about? All these IP addresses are private NAT’ted IPs, not public IPs.

13 posts were split to a new topic: Help Needed on Port Forwarding

Wow, I just noticed a reply to one of my other threads…also from an Italian…
His ISP modem doesn’t let him do Port Forwarding with ports higher than 16000. Maybe you can try using another port than 55000, so rather something between 10000 en 16000…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.