Some albums are not imported from Bluesound vault

Core is MacBook Air(8gb) 2018 , recently moved from MacBook Pro 2011 however I think this problem existed before to switch but not absolutely sure. About 500 CDs (6736 tracks)were ripped to Bluesound vault several years ago. The cds show up on the macbook hard drive and do not have any of the suggested problem characters according to what I’ve read in the truobleshooting articles. I have come across 8 cds so far that are not showing up in Roon. They are playable using Bluesound software alone. Roon is version 1.5 build 363. The Bluesound vault is running BluOS:3.0.2 I have rebuilt index and reindexed music collection.

Hello @Roberta_Lamb,

Thanks for contacting support regarding this issue, i’d be happy to assist here. Can I please ask you to check your Roon Setting -> Library -> Skipped Files tab? Do the album by any chance show up there?

Also, would you be able to submit one of these CDs for analysis so that we can take a look and see if they import as expected in the lab? I will PM you shortly on how to upload the media to us.

Thanks,
Noris

Helllo @Roberta_Lamb,

I have tried importing the albums you sent to us and they all imported as expected:

Do you by any chance not have these albums saved in your Roon Settings -> Storage -> Watched Folders? I would double check that the location where you saved these files is listed under the storage tab (should look something like this):

Are the albums showing up under the Skipped Files Tab by any chance? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

The skipped files tab is empty. These are not newly added cds. They were ripped to the Bluesound Vault several years ago with all my other cds. I’ve been using Roon for more than a year but just realized that these are not in Roon. I’m not sure how Roon is integrated with Bluesound Vault but I assumed my cds were directly accessed through the Vault and not my MacBook since the majority of my cds are in Roon. Is that correct? I don’t know how to determine if there are other cds that aren’t in Roon other than comparing one by one, or if that even matters.

Hello @Roberta_Lamb,

If your Vault is added as a folder in your Roon Settings -> Storage, then these CDs should automatically appear in Roon. Can you please confirm that your Vault is added to that watched folder list and it is seen as an available location?

Posting a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab and a screenshot of where these CDs are stored on your Vault will be the easiest way for us to verify this, you can post screenshots using the image upload button when replying to this post:
Upload%20Image%20Button

You can also take a look at our Knowledge Base documentation regarding adding NAS/Your Vault to make sure that it is set up properly, it could be that these tracks reside outside of the folder Roon is set to watching and that is why they are not appearing.

Thanks,
Noris

LOL! The network share was not added when I got the new MacBook. Now that I’ve added it those albums are in Roon. I don’t understand how all the other hundreds of albums were there without it. But I’m glad it’s fixed now. Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got the issue squared away @Roberta_Lamb! If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask, otherwise I wish you a pleasant day!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.