Some Audio Zones randomly disappear from the list after upgrade to 1.8

QNAP NAS TS453-A with the latest firmware update (QNAP runs on linux/Roon server shows V2020-07-15 although I’ve updated the core 2 days ago via iphone - it showed that update completed with 1.8 version (both remotes and core Build 756)**

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NetGear Orbi Router RBR50 with firmware version V2.5.2.4. All my audio devices are connected via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Two AppleTVs (4K) - randomly show up and disappear
Astell&Kern Alpha Kann - connected to the PC via USB-C in DAC mode (Dreamus USB Audio Device - this is how Windows 10 shows it connected). Roon shows this device available as WASAPI or ASIO - ASIO gives correct support of DSD and MQA.

Description Of Issue

Alpha Kann as well as AppleTVs randomly disappear from the audio zones list. If I login to QNAP NAS server, manually stop the ROON server and then start it again, devices show up. But then disappear again after certain period of time. Never happened on previous versions of ROON.

This problem is already mentioned by a lot of people on this forum and acknowledged by Roon support.
Roon 1.8 (build 763) just installed itself on my computer. According to the change log the problem with disappearing zones should be solved now.
So, in your case, wait until the update 763 is installed and see if it still happens.

Hi @Igor_Goloborodov

Can you confirm if things are working okay for you on the latest version?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.