Some FLAC streams removed

OK for me too right now, even though Lumin does not handle authentication either.

Where are you Peter? Iā€™ve just VPNā€™d to the Netherlands and the station works. Evidently a new geo-restriction, but a strange way of showing it.

Testing from Hong Kong.

Seems to be OK from anywhere except UK and US. And Columbia?!

Iā€™ll add some flags. Too difficult.
Iā€™ll add a note to the text.

Is this behavior affected by different DNS? Perhaps a European one?

Donā€™t think so. Tried with IP address only and still get the request to sign in.

Just tried my Lumin. That doesnā€™t work.

Hi,
i have put my heads together and switched the motherearth 18800 stream back to ICY metadata.
Thatā€™s apparently the technically correct way of doing it.
Maybe you can check and update if you like it. - No need to switch for players without live-metadata; 18900 didnt change.
Sorry for the fuss!
Thanks all,
Florian

1 Like

Thanks. The 18800 now works for me.

Should I keep using 18800, or 18900 instead? Iā€™d like to use one that has the least chance of going through a format change in the future.

@wklie the icecast server on 18900 is likely to remain unchanged.
Iā€™d prefer that one.
Icecast or rather mpd might work on FLAC streaming (metadata, EOF), but this has low priority from what i understand. I expect stable compatibilty if they would update.

1 Like

I can confirm the 18800 works in Roon. Iā€™ll use that for now as Roon extracts the metadata using the core and displays it to any remote, so no issues with different players.

Thank you Florian for dealing with the issue so quickly.

1 Like

Lucifer fm is working today. Obviously a temporary glitch.

1 Like

Not working for me today. Opening http://gnoenet.nl/radio/8000/luciferflac.mp3 results in an error 404 from a browser.

1 Like

Dear All,
my efforts of getting FLAC with in-stream metadata have not been succesful.
That server on port 18800 is giving us many trouble; and i dont have the ressources to sort them all out, nor to even keep it running steadily.
I have to switch that thing off iā€™m afraid, since it breaks the other streams irregularly.
Though unhappy with this, im thinking, itā€™s like in the old days :slight_smile: when you turned your radio on and just had good quality music, without knowing who was playing.
regards from munich,
Florian
P.S:Iā€™ll let you guys know if that changes. (again)

ā€“edit - apologies, i am talking about mother earth radio; and i did not mean to rant about a specific software. That RSAS is a fine piece of software, only it has some issues. regards, Florian

2 Likes

Ok @Florian_Reiterer , thank you for your efforts in trying to get it working anyway.

Iā€™ve switched Roon to the 18900 stream.

Dumb question, but how do i find this in Roon. I used overall search and Filter inside the Live Radio section.

It should be first, and only, result within the live radio results.

Are you using the magnifying glass?
(And thereā€™s no geo-restriction - Iā€™ve just checked)

I could swear i used overall search (Magnifying glass) but maybe I had a typo or other error. Got it now, thanks! I had also tried Filter but that did not find it.

It seems there are three markings of a station:

• Ad free toggle (shows up as part of search results)
  • Tags (ā€œSpainā€, ā€œBluesā€)
  • Keywords (ā€œFLACā€)

Some questions and a request:

• Feature Request - it would be nice to have the Keywords (ā€œFLACā€ Specifically) on the visual display of stations (either in My Radio display or Search Results display).
  • can we search on Ad Free or FLAC? If so, how?
  • I gather I can filter on Spain and Blues, but i donā€™t see how?
  • the globe next to the filter on Live Radio display - is that an additional filter?

Please start one in #roon:feature-suggestions !

Not Ad -free, but yes on Flac or any other keyword, e.g. hip-hop, just use the magnifying glass.

In the live radio section, Categories > Music or Categories > Location (Be aware that some categories are very large and Roon only shows the first 200(?) or so).

Yes, click/tap it to define your distance to Local Stations, or stations with a specific language

1 Like

Lucifer back to being OK except in UK and US.

Iā€™ve added a note to the station again

1 Like

@BrianW could you PM or email me info@motherearthradio.de to chat about roon integration please? Thanks!