Some minor GFX corruption in Roon on Win10 2004 - Nvidia GPU

Hi @support

This is not a big issue, but I just wanted to report so you are aware. I am seeing some small display artefacts in Roon UI since my desktop machine (MS Surface Studio) updated to Win 10 2004.

The issue is affecting the highlight colouring that is applied when you move the mouse over an album thumbnail.

Please see this screen cap for an example (follow the mouse pointer);

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgffdXe9bTPCj6c1bSuj-xpQ8YJSSw?e=d6bjTk

GPU and driver detail;

Thanks!

Hi @Tim_Rhodes,

Are you using the latest NVIDIA driver? What resolution is your display?
Can you share a screenshot of your display settings (right click on desktop -> display settings).

Hey @noris

Thanks for the response. It turns out there was a newer Nvidia driver (dated July 2020) which I installed but it completely screwed up my display! I got a black screen initially and after a hard power off I got a display that only covered one half of the screen area. So I removed it.

Now I’m using an older driver than before (dated July 2019) which is the inbox driver for this device. I see the same issue in Roon with the corruption as I did with the original driver in the OP.

Here are my display settings;

1 Like

On further investigation this artefact only appears on that specific Radiohead artist image. Strange!

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Rhodes,

Is the behavior the same if you reboot the Roon App/RoonServer?

Which version / album from Radiohead? Can you share a screenshot?

Hi @noris

Yes it has all been rebooted multiple times, I shutdown Roon every night and restart every morning as well. It makes no difference.

It is the Radiohead artist image, as shown in the screen capture in the OP;

Hi @Tim_Rhodes,

Can you try clearing the Roon Image cache to see if that sorts out the remaining Radiohead issue?

Hi @noris

I updated to the newly released build and cleared the cache, but it made no difference. I think its to do with this specific image;

I don’t see it on anything else, at least as far as I can tell. But it’s hardly a big issue, just very odd!

Radiohead have always had a turbulent relationship with computers. Frankly I blame them.

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Rhodes,

Can you please note the exact local time + date you access the Radiohead image, let me know this here and then send me a set of your Roon logs by using these instructions? If you have RoonServer + Remote setup, please send the remote logs (the Roon/Logs) folder on the affected machine.

Hi @noris

Sorry for the delay getting these to you. See your PMs for the links to the log files

I reproduced the issue just now at 10.55 to 10.57 UK time (0955 to 0957 in the logs)

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for sending those logs + timestamp over, I have forwarded this info to QA and have asked them to review your case. Once I hear back, I will reach out once more, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.