Some Qobuz tracks will not play in Roon but plays via Qobuz app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Sonictransporter Roon Verizon 1.7 Build 710 The SonicTransport is running Verizon 2.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fios Router G1100 Ethernet to IMAC, Ethernet to Trendnet 4 Port Gigabit Switch with SFP Slot out to 10Gtek SFP out to a 1 ft. ethernet cable to a Allo USBRIDGE Signature running Diet Pi Verision 1.7 build 571

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USBRIDGE Signature out with USB to a DSPeaker X-4 DAC
Library 1.3 Gig stored music ALAC on Sonictransport I-5 using Qobuz for a steaming service.

Description Of Issue

Some Qobuz tracks do not play through Roon. No matter if playing Roon from the IMAC direct Ethernet connection to the router or from the router though the fiber network. When I access Qobuz through the app tracks play. Two examples are the music group “War” albums and Herb Alpert’s highresFLAC 88.2khz 24 bit albums will not play. A message is displayed, when attempting to play " This track is not currently available in Qobuz Too many failures stopped playing" Again these albums do play from the in Qobuz app. I don’t know what other track failures are out there until I bump into them when streaming

Ho @Gocubs42,

Does this issue only impact 88.2khz albums from Qobuz?
Is there any change in behavior if you log out and back into Qobuz?
Are you able to play these tracks if you turn on DSP Up-sampling?

Other 88.2 album/tracks play
No change in behavior when I log out and back in with Qobuz
No change when Dsp enabled set to max

1 Like

Hi @Gocubs42,

Thanks for confirming that other 88.2 content plays as expected.

Can you please share a screenshot of the album and specify the affected tracks which are giving you this issue?

I will send a screen shot but all 88.2 Herb Albert albums will not play along with all albums by the artist group “war” 44.1 will not play look in an earlier comment section on the error message I see. I’m away and will send a screenshot in the am

The first screenshot War is 44.1 the second is 88.2

Please check in Qobuz App.
Sometimes Qobuz will change the Version of the album and the 88kHz is not available anymore. But it still show it in Roon. As I can see, the album Rise is only available in 44kHz 24bit. Check versions and delete this in your roon database and add the new one.
Regards
André

I agree, I have some work to do with manually updating the roondata base, but this is a mess with database mismatches. Does this also happen in Tidal? I subscribed to Tidal a while back but I don’t remember this being an issue with a mismatch in Roon’s database with Tidal

I completed the the change out of all the Herb Alpert, and the music group War’s albums. Also I had the same issue for James Mc Murtry’s albums. Everything is good I appreciate all the help and we can now close this ticket. Again thank you for the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.