Some thoughts on further enhancing Roon

Hello andybob,

Quite right. And much appreciated about Brian’s explanation, which helped me gain confidence in my decision to employ disable vs force. Although Brian did not understand how one might sound different from the other re SQ, I am not able, obviously to account for this. One other member validated my findings as he also experienced better SQ with Disable vs Force. But that is a subjective assessment on my part. Perhaps the change of setting was co-incidental with something else at the time. In any event, Disable works best for my needs.

As an aside, yesterday, while playing Pet Sounds, Mono/Stereo, AIFF, 192/24, Pro Studio Masters download, with Dirac Live (Full), DAP Zone, I switched from Disable to Force and all sound cut out. Switched back to disable and sound resumed. Merely commenting. I also turned off volume leveling as I found the function limiting in dynamics for the Pet Sounds recording in play. Thought I’d mention my experience given the thread’s topic. Other recordings, perhaps, volume leveling especially for “hot” recordings, compressed and poor production quality may be very useful as even Dirac Live may not tame the shrill quality. I have noticed that with AsQ+with iRC and EQ that also helps to tame poor production recordings or alternatively enhance further good quality production recordings. Nice to have it both ways, n’est-ce pas?

Enjoy the music
Richard