Some Tidal Albums not showing up on Roon's Tidal page & in My Library

I’ve noticed that certain new Tidal albums are not showing up on Roon’s Tidal page, or not added to my Library after it’s added to my Favorite on Tidal.

I’m also running Meridian Sooloos, and no problem there. It looks like there’s a sync issue with Tidal. I’m wondering if the Tidal App and Meridian Sooloos are using different Tidal servers than Roon?

e.g.

1. The Weeknd’s new “After Hours” was missing on Roon. It wasn’t added to my library until 3-4 days later.

2. I just added Cowboy Junkies “Ghost” a couple of days ago, and it’s missing on Roon’s Tidal page. The album finally showed up today, but it’s still not added to my Library.

Update:
I had to unselect and select the Cowboy Junkies “Ghost” albums before Roon adds it to My Library. It seems the Tidal synchronization is not very reliable.

It can take a day or so for tidal titles to show up but if you can see them on Roon’s tidal view you should be good to go. Failing that it would be nice to not have just tossed away the details request for your post so we could perhaps offer more thoughts

I didn’t toss away the information request?

As stated, there’s synchronization issues with Tidal:

1. Certain new albums takes several extra days to a week to show up on Roon vs. the Tidal native App & Meridian Sooloos.
  2. Some selected new Tidal albums are not added to My Library even after synchronization, had to unselect and reselect the album before it’s added to the library.
  3. Some tracks are skipped with message “track not available” from time to time, but they’re available on the Tidal App.

Best.

Hello @DN28,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Also, next time you notice this delay, reply to this post and let me know what album you’re having issues with and we can take a closer look.

I don’t think it’s related to my network since Tidal App (Mac and iOS) and Meridian Sooloos have no issues.

All devices are on the same network:
Roon Core:
Roon Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
OS 1.0 (build 186), Server 1.7 (build 528)

Endpoints:
Devialet D250 PRO v.13.1
Meridian: 218 (3u), MS600, Control 15 (2u)
AppleTV 4K (2u)
Airport Express (2u)
iMac 5K

Others:
Meridian Core on QNAP
Crestron Pro2 Controller
Crestron CNX-PAD8 (Audio Matrix Switch)
Crestron MT-MC2W Controller

Networking:
Netgear Cable Modem (Cox Gigablast up to 1Gb/s)
Apple Airport Time Capsule (latest FW)
Peakedge SE26 24 port GigE Switch
Netgear 16 port GigE Switch
Linksys 4 port GigE Switch

Hey @DN28, thanks for the information! Please reply to this post next time you encounter this issue and what album you notice the issue with and we’ll be able to help resolve this.

OK, thanks.

Roon sync with Tidal is still unstable.

Today Roon won’t load albums from Tidal, got error message for “page loading error, check network connection”; however, Tidal App and Meridian Sooloos on the same network are working fine. Nothing has changed on my network. I rebooted the Nucleus+ and Roon Server, and it’s back to normal.

Hey @DN28, thanks for notifying us. When you encounter issues like this one, it would be helpful to know what time (your local time) and what album you’re noticing this on. Then I can enable diagnostics on your account to help get more data about what you’re experiencing.

1 Like

It’s around 2PM (PST) in Orange County, CA.

It happened when I first opened the Roon App, so I wasn’t planning anything. I just noticed the error message & Tidal albums failed to load on the Roon App.

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers.

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

It’s around 11:50 am PST, Having problem loading Tidal again: What’s New, Genre & Playlist won’t load.

Roon Overview page won’t load either.

I had to reboot Nucleus+ and Roon Server, and it’s working again though page loading is relatively slow & still get the error message check network intermittently when I go to the Tidal page.

Hello @DN28, thanks for the additional information. Good news! We see the issue you’re having and are aware of it. We have included some changes in testing in the next release for issues like this. Let’s check back in once the next release is out and see if your issue was resolved!

Hello,

I’ve updated Roon to the latest v1.7, build 536. I’m not sure it addresses the Tidal issues I have.

It works Ok at first, the new Sleep feature is nice; however I’m still having issues with Tidal. It skips multiple tracks intermittently (Tidal loading too slowly) and eventually stopped playback. I went back to the skipped tracks after a few minutes, and the tracks played OK. A new issue with Tidal, a couple of times the queue shows it’s playing the next track but the audio is from the previous track. I went back to Meridian Sooloos, and now problems there.

It’s around 1 to 2PM (PST), Orange County, California.

Thanks.

OK - Just noticed a new build 537 update. Does it fix the Tidal skipping issues?

Hello @DN28, 537 does include some additional changes to our TIDAL implementation. Could you update and let me know if the issue persists? Thanks!

Having same issue with Tidal again:

Johah Yano has 2 albums on Tidal: Souvenir & Nervous, only Souvenir is showing up on Roon’s Tidal page.

I’ve added both albums to my favorites, but they won’t sync to my Roon library. I’ve added both to my other Meridian Sooloos library with no problems.

All devices are on the same network:
Roon Core:
Roon Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
OS 1.0 (build 219), Server 1.7 (build 571)

Endpoints:
Devialet D250 PRO v.13.1
Meridian: 218 (3u), MS600, Control 15 (2u)
AppleTV 4K (2u)
Airport Express (2u)
iMac 5K

Others:
Meridian Core on QNAP
Crestron Pro2 Controller
Crestron CNX-PAD8 (Audio Matrix Switch)
Crestron MT-MC2W Controller

Networking:
Netgear Cable Modem (Cox Gigablast up to 1Gb/s)
Apple Airport Time Capsule (latest FW)
Peakedge SE26 24 port GigE Switch
Netgear 16 port GigE Switch
Linksys 4 port GigE Switch

Hello @DN28, is this the case after forcing a sync with TIDAL under “Services>TIDAL>Sync Library Now”?

Yes, forcing a sync won’t add the Tidal albums to my library. The Tidal page on Roon is still missing the Nervous album by Johah Yano which is on the Tidal App and also Meridian Sooloos’ Tidal list.

Hello @DN28, could you try another album from a different artist just to test that anything you favorite in TIDAL is having issues coming into Roon? While you’re doing that, I’ll run this thread by the team for further input.

It didn’t make a difference. There are several outages recently per Roon due to Cloud server issues that’s supposedly fixed.

However, I’m still having Tidal issues. It’s skipping a lot and playback froze yesterday (Jul 10) around noon (PST). The issue was fixed after rebooting Roon Core and Server. Roon was having library sync issue with Tidal again in the evening same as before, unable to add new Tidal albums to the library. The sync icon was stuck on the top corner but no changes to the Roon library. I rebooted Roon Core and Server again and was able to import the new Tidal albums to the Roon library.

Page loading speed also degraded overtime, not sure if it’s due to the new software updates. There’re no changes to my network setup.