Some 'Tracks in playlists and mixes' play action options missing on Roon Remote Mobile app [Ticket IN]

If you are on iPhone

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lack-play-from-here-play-now-for-playlists-only-plays-one-song/191336/19?u=ged_hickman1

It hasn’t on my iphone

Thank you… hopefully will be sorted soon…

1 Like

Hopefully in a few days.

1 Like

I have the same issue with Android.

In albums i can “Play from here”

But when scrolling a playlist that option is gone even though it is enabled in settings.

I’m on Android 12

Roon version on phone and core is 1.8 build 913

Hey gang, thank you for your patience here. I just wanted to update you that a ticket is in on this and that work is underway. It may not make the next release but the patch will be ready soon.

2 Likes

Same problem here and it is very frustrating. I can’t basically use my playlists anymore. I use pc as core and samsung s10 as remote.

Have you tried my suggestion posted earlier? It’s could be a work around until they get it sorted?
Yes, I know it’s a few extra steps but it get it done. Also I do not have an iPhone to test it so have only used this on Android phone.

“Add the playlist to the queue (I just clicked “play now”) and then tap a track, the option to “play from here” is there”

This technically works but is such a horrible experience that I’ll just wait till it gets fixed. Now you have to use Play now, then go to Now playing, then switch to Queue, then find the song you want to play. There’s another issue in the queue itself that drives me nuts. When you select Play from here in the queue it suddenly scrolls the content, leaving you completely lost. There’s no need to scroll the content at all considering your finger is actually on top of the currently playing song.

1 Like

Yeah, this workaround works on iPhone too. It is kinda inconvenient but better than nothing. Anyway, I hope Roon fixes it briefly.

1 Like

I see what you are saying about the scrolling, it seems to scroll some “maybe” random distance from where the queue was to where the song you selected is in the queue (if that explanation makes sense)?

Would make more sense to pop the selected song to the top of the screen.

Although, on android, the “jump to now playing” comes up and you can hit it to get the queue back to where the song you selected is at the top.

I know, yet another step to make the work around work.

I think it’s supposed to scroll to the currently playing song, but it feels totally random indeed. This is actually a recurring theme within Roon Remote. It scrolls/jumps almost on every action, not taking context into account. Jumping to the currently playing song makes sense when you enter the queue screen. Unfortunately it decides to scroll or move around way too much, only confusing the user.

The issue is also on Android phones. Let’s hope its fixed with the next update . Are we not supposed to get weekly updates? :grin: I think the Roon UAT team needs to be expanded.

That’s great to hear!

This is frustrating. Every time I start playing a song from a playlist, the next song is going to be something that is not in my playlist. So at this point using Roon is almost like listening to radio without knowing which song is going to be next.

Play from here button is still missing on Android.

Its working for me, make sure you updated the app??
All I did was tap once on a track in the playlist and the play options popped up:

Hey @Okke_Tijhuis, @Johan_Juutinen @Douglas_Henning and sundry contributors,

There were fixes for the tracks in playlists and mixes play options in the most recent build. Has this issue been resolved on your devices? If those options are still missing please check to see if you’re on the most recent update. Thanks!

1 Like

Fixed on my iPhone 11 Pro. Thanks!

2 Likes

Fixed here as well (iPhone 12 Mini).

2 Likes

It is fixed on my device (Samsung S21). Thank you very much. Kind regards

1 Like