Sometimes Bluetooth Headphones Are Lost

Core Machine

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) with Roon Core Version 1.8 (build 790) stable running on PrimeMini 4 with Intel Core 8i7-8650U vPro (NUC7i7DN), 2x8 GB DDR4-2400MHz, 2 TB SSD internal storage

Network Details

I’m located in Munich/Germany, connected via 100/44 Mbit/s DSL.
The network uses DHCP, is fast and stable. DNS is Google.
My DSL router & WiFi AP (Fritzbox 7590 with latest Firmware 07.25, 2,4 and 5 GHz) connects the Roon Remotes (all via WiFi: iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, all latest firmware and latest Roon software).
The Core is wired via Gigabit-Ethernet to the router, as is the main system network streamer (LUMIN).

Audio Devices

ROCK (Core)
➜ Ethernet ➜
Fritzbox 7590 (DSL Router, WiFi AP)
➜ WiFi ➜
MacBook Pro
➜ Bluetooth ➜
AirPods / Bose

Description Of Issue

I’m using Roon on my WiFi connected MacBook to play music (via System Output). Sometimes I want to also listen to headphones, connected via Bluetooth. When I start playing a track, Roon idles some seconds and then looses the Audio Zone. After some more seconds, the zone comes back. Music does not play (see screenshots).
Playing music via Build-inOutput or through the other zones works without any issue.

Thank you. Just for my understanding: why did you merge the two posts? For me these seem like unrelated issues.

Hello @Philipp_Schaefer ,

I’ve split your post as requested.

In what cases does this issue occur, do you first start playback and then connect the headphones or do you connect the headphones first then start playback?

Since the Mac is only a remote/client in this case, have you tried performing a reinstall of Roon on the Mac? Perhaps this will help:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location (on the Mac)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.