Song stops after 2-3 seconds in Radio Mode

Hi @Ian_Weiss,

Thanks for confirming the network setup. I would start by grouping all the zones connected to the main switch first and confirm if that works as expected. Afterwards, I would add the Ayre EX8 on the separate switch and let that play for a while. Lastly, I would add the Ayre QX5 zone to the grouping and see if things are still stable then. Please do let me know if the issue only appears after adding one of the specific endpoints to the grouping.

Hello Support,
Roon Nucleus+
Other: Mac Mini w/ USB Ayre DAC
Roon Ready: Ayre EX-8, Ayre QX-5 twenty, 3x Bluesound Powernode 2I

I am experiencing clipping when playing any audio. Happens with Streaming, radio and library. Music audio stop starts constantly.

No problem on Ayre EX-8, Ayre QX-5 twenty, 3x Bluesound Powernode 2I
only with Ayre Dac Codex and QB-9.

Is fixed after restarting Mac OS Catalina 10.5.2.

Thank you,

Ian

Hi @Ian_Weiss,

Can you clarify what you are experiencing here? Clipping refers to volume that is too loud and the audio distorts and music starting and stopping would be a dropout. Do both occur on your QB-9 and Codex zone?

How are these devices connected to the network when compared to your other (working) gear? Are all of your audio devices on the latest firmware?

Greetings Noris,

Audio distorts and music starting and stopping and dropout occurs.

I replace the Codex with an old QB9 and had the same failure. Both of these DACs connect to the Core Mac Mini. All other Roon Ready: Ayre EX-8, Ayre QX-5 twenty, 3x Bluesound Powernode 2I are connected via ethernet.

I am waiting to hear back from Ayre regarding an available hardware upgrade for the QB-9. When I disconnect the Codex, sounds comes through my monitor with out distortion nor dropouts.

Hi @Ian_Weiss,

Have you tried a different USB cable yet? Sometime USB cables get bent and stop working as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.