Songs being allocated to incorrect days - timezone issue?

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10 i5-10210U - 8gb RAM running Roon ROCK

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Vodafone NZ Cable Modem > ASUS RT-AX54HP

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Arc on Samsung S22 Ultra
Cambridge Audio CXNv2
Output through laptop

Number of Tracks in Library

40,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I have noticed that tracks I am playing are being allocated to incorrect days in the recent listening tab - with them being spread partially between adjacent days. For example, today on Thursday 1 December I listened to a Napalm Death album, but the plays are primarily showing as being during Wednesday 30 November, with only a couple of tracks today. I have just noticed this through ARC so far but haven’t confirmed it doesn’t happen elsewhere.

This seems like it might be a timezone issue but I can’t seem to find an option to change a setting for this anywhere, so would love a pointer to how to fix this!

Cheers

You can’t do anything about it – it has to be fixed by Roon Labs. Read also:

Ah, all good, thanks for the info. I had a look before posting but didn’t turn those topics up, cheers

Hi @Jack_Flude,

RoonOS operates in UTC, instead of defaulting to the timezone of the OS on the Remote. So, depending on your geographic location and whether your Core is in your timezone, tracks might not match your local date. This is an unfortunate situation for many of our users in Australia or New Zealand.

Makes sense, thanks for the info. Hopefully something that could be changed around in the future but definitely not anything high priority or gamebreaking!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.