Songs break up during playback

@support
My setup: Mac Mini, 8GB 1600Mhz, OS 10.13.3, DAC iFi micro iDSD BL
When playing, regardless of whether I’m streaming from Tidal or just playing from my library, the music starts breaking up after a while, more and more frequently until eventually it skips to the next song, and this goes on and on. It only happens with Roon and not with any other player (iTunes, iRiver etc.). This has only been going on over the last week or 10 days. No change in my setup has occurred, only a regular update of MacOS to the latest version of High Sierra.
Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @Richard_Haschke ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, based on the symptoms described in your post it sounds like you are experiencing audio dropouts during playback. To help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following:

• A screenshot of your signal path leaving Roon when you notice the issue occurring.

• Besides the mentioned iFi DAC have you tested with another device mounted to the MacMini or with another audio zones that is active in your setup to confirm what the experience is like?

• Have you tried to swap USB cables? How about power cycling all of your equipment?

• Please verify where your musical collection is being stored/accessed from? If you have any media saved on the internal storage of the MacMini have you confirmed how playback responds with that content?

-Eric