Songs no longer play after windows update 1903

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 1903, Roon Build 1.6 416 64 Bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB Schiit Jotunheim

Description Of Issue

When using my Schiit Jotunheim for audio output if I hit play on a song the UI will flash at the bottom with the waveform of the song but never plays audio.

If I select another audio output it works fine.

Audio is working fine through VLC with the Schiit Jotunheim, this was working till Windows 10 upgrade.

Just to clarify.

PC>USB>Jotunheim is currently working with VLC but not with Roon, correct?

I ask because the 1903 update made me have to reinstall the USB drivers from Schiit to get it working again. But, in my case, it just didn’t work with all of Windows.

Hi Daniel,

Outside of Roon the Schiit is working fine.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi @Jeff_Kyle,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for the Schiit, as well as a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to it?

Just to verify, you aren’t receiving any errors and it looks like it should be playing, you just don’t get audio?

Hi MJB,

I tried disabling windows firewall and virus protection but nothing has changed what is happening.

Dylan,

Here is a short clip of the issue:

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQjo4tzbd

Here is the device setup:

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqQjoBtzFc

Since the songs just play then stop I don’t think I can get to the signal path

I found the logs… wasn’t sure if there was a way to post it but here is a snippet of what I see:

09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] Playing 10 Items
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] Selecting Source state=Stopped
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] Playing TransportItem
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] Selecting Source state=Stopped
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [musicpowerstate] music is playing, preventing idle sleep
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer] Playing: C:\Users\jdkyle\Music\Flac RIPS\Tool\Undertow\01 - Intolerance.flac
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer] Queueing: C:\Users\jdkyle\Music\Flac RIPS\Tool\Undertow\02 - Prison Sex.flac
09/08 10:30:00 Debug: GMS: saving nav stack
09/08 10:30:00 Debug: GMS: trying to save nav stack, but nav stack stuff was in progress
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer] Open result (Queueing): Result[Status=Success]
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer] Open Result (Playing):Result[Status=Success]
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer] Starting playback
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer/raat] StartStream Sooloos.Broker.Transport.RaatZonePlayer+Endpoint: StreamFormat(channels=2, bitspersample=24, samplerate=96000, isdts=False) => StreamFormat(channels=2, bitspersample=16, samplerate=96000, isdts=False) streamid=62127625
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [raatclient] SENT [16]{“request”:“setup”,“format”:{“sample_type”:“pcm”,“sample_rate”:96000,“bits_per_sample”:16,“channels”:2,“sample_subtype”:“none”}}
09/08 10:30:00 Trace: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [raatclient] GOT [16] {“status”:“UnexpectedError”,“message”:“RAAT__OUTPUT_PLUGIN_STATUS_FORMAT_NOT_SUPPORTED”}
09/08 10:30:00 Warn: [Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] [zoneplayer/raat] failed to setup any endpoints…giving up
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] OnPlayFeedback Playing
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer -> stream] All streams were disposed
09/08 10:30:00 Info: sleep 0ms after flush
09/08 10:30:00 Warn: Track Stopped Due to Error
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] OnPlayFeedback StoppedEndOfMediaUnnatural
09/08 10:30:00 Debug: [zone Schiit USB Audio Gen 2] _Advance
09/08 10:30:00 Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer -> stream -> endpoint] All streams were disposed

Thanks,
Jeff

I would:

  1. Give the device a Name
  2. Set Device to Fixed volume

And then, I’d also try turning off “Work around devices that are mis-reporting…”, unless you had to activate that for some reason.

Hey guys,

So I figured it out… don’t know why but I moved the USB port that the Schiit was plugged into from a USB 3.0 on my motherboard to a USB 2.0 port and it’s now working.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.