Songs on SSD show unavailable for playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

My Roon core is a Salk Streamer with I 5 processor and 2tb SSD and hardwire Ethernet connection.

When I access the streamer playlists to play music from, over half the songs are listed as unavailable even though they’re on the SSD.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Rick

Did you change the storage after you made those playlists?

No, never touched or changed anything on the Salk streamer /SSD.

Hi Frederick, has there been any change to your system?

No changes other than going from Tidal to Qobuz service.

Hi Frederick,

I’m not official support, just trying to help out until Support engages.

Just so I understand, you have a playlist that has a local file on the playlist, and that local file now says “unavailable” on the playlist, yet, you can still find and play the same local file in Roon?

That can happen if the actual storage point in Roon changes and Roon sees the file as “new”, and when the file was added it was in a different storage location. (The reason behind my original questions).

If the tracks on the playlist that are now unavailable are from a streaming service then that is a different subject.

Thanks! I am somewhat embarrassed but I found the issue that caused the supposed problem. I had added music from Tidal to my playlists then switched to Qobuz which, of course made the Tidal playlist music unavailable, as it should. I never purchased the music so I mistakenly believed it was on my SSD when it was actually playing from Tidal.

My bad

Anyway, thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.