Songs only play 50% or 70% or not at all

I also have this problem, often (more and more) the songs only play 50% or 70% of the song. This also happens when you have chosen a CD from Tidal or Qobuz. Normally Roon Radio must start after this, but nothing happens Roon Radio just stops while it is checked. All this has been since Roon 1.8 and it is starting to get pretty annoying.

So we can better assist you, @Gerdy, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How frequently do you normally see this occur? Does it happen for all endpoints?

Sorry @dylan for my late reply, my setup is as follows:
Mac-Mini 2018 (Processor: 3,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 and SSD 125Gb) (Big Sur version 11.2.3 (20D91) with ROON 1.8 build 783) directly connected to my router(B-Box 3V+ Sagemcom) with ethernet cable, also my SOTM SMS200 ( with Roon Ready version: 1.1.38) is connected to the same router via ethernet cable cat6. My SOTM is also connected to a Marantz HD-DAC1 with USB.
I have 2 SSD 1TB drives connected to my Mac-Mini for my local music with ±24000 tracks on it.
My Remote is an iPhone 11 with the latest iOS and an iPad Air2 also with the latest iPadOS and latest Roon remote app.
The problem only occurs when I’m using Tidal or Qobuz, it doesn’t happen with my local music. Sometimes it plays a song for 70% or 50% of the track and then it jumps over to another track. Sometimes it happens after listening to a full album that Roon radio does not take up playing at the end of the album, especially with the artist Frank Zappa he does not continue with either Tidal or Qobuz. Isn’t it true that Roonradio chooses songs or artists based on the played artist and genre to continue playing?

here you see what I mean U2 played for 50% and then he goes further with Joy Division this happens a view times in a day.

It is getting worse by the day, skipping songs halfway or totally skip the song! Rooncore is craching when i ad a album from Qobuz or Tidal! And so far there is no answer to these problems. Its getting me frustrated and maybe time to look other places, this is the baddest update ever from Roon!!!

Hello @Gerdy,

Do you experience the same issue playing to the “System Output” zone on a Mac or PC?

-John

I haven’t tried this yet. What I do know is that it only happens with Tidal or Qobuz not with my own library. It even skips entire numbers.

A post was split to a new topic: Tracks in the middle skip to the next song

the same here if you let the skipped song play again he plays it for the full 100%

Since yesterday i had my music playing through the “System Output” zone of my Mac-mini as you suggested and i am experiencing just the same problem. Here too some songs do not play completely. When you select the song again to play, it will play the entire song.

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL and Qobuz tracks sometimes stop playing

Hi @Gerdy

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

The next time this happens would you kindly make a note of the track that is skipped and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

We’ll take a look at that the logs for that instance and we’ll follow up ASAP. Thanks!

Hi @dylan

In the meantime I have explored several possibilities that I have found here on the forum. My conclusion is the following: the problem is only with Tidal, if I only use Qobuz I do not have this problem. That is why I have stopped my subscription at Tidal and I only use Qobuz.
For me the problem is solved in this way and I do not need any further help.

Sincerely
Gerdy

1 Like