Songs suddenly pausing

Core Machine
WIN10/I9-9900K/16GB RAM/ ROON BUILD 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Intel® Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

CORE MACHINE ------> ROON -------> HQPLAYER -------> URENDU --------> USB ------> LAMPI GG

Description Of Issue
After playing a few songs Roon suddenly pauses the song for about 3 seconds and then continues.

It happens periodically also on PCM and also when I upsample to DSD.

I tried using Roon as the upsampler WITHOUT HQPLAYER and the same thing happens.

Please help out as this issue is really annoying and I can’t enjoy even an hour of listening without these pauses in songs.

Thanks

If you play to the output on the core machine does the same thing happen,
I take it you’ve rebooted everything.

I rebooted everything
Didn’t try playing output of core
The only way it works fine without pausing is by playing:
Roon——> urendu——-> Lampi only PCM

On Hqp Pcm and DSD upsampling pause every few songs and DSD upsample through Roon also pauses.

This is terribly annoying and frustrating as I want to upsample DSD with Hqp

Hi @Ofer_Elaz,

You mentioned you have this issue if you upsample DSD content to the Lampi zone without HQPlayer in the mix but still playing through the rendu, correct? What happens if you bypass the rendu as well and have the Lampi connected directly to the Core, are you able to play upsampled material properly? As in the issue only happens with the rendu in the mix?

Actually after checking I can’t upsample DSD or PCM with Hqp through the Urendu without getting these annoying pauses between tracks

With Roon through the Urendu DSD upsampling sometimes pauses and sometimes works.
With PCM and Roon with the Urendu there is no trouble.

I didn’t try to connect directly to my core because my core is Windows based and it is irrelevant even if it works as I want to use the Urendu.

This is just so frustrating!

What should I do?

Update…

So it’s working fine with Roon through Urendu with DSD 256 but not DSD 512.
Also PCM

But with HQP through Urendu it pauses through the tracks on DSD 256,512 and also on PCM

Hi @Ofer_Elaz,

Could you please reproduce this issue by using HQPlayer and note the exact local time + date + track of the next time this issue occurs?

Local time 23:34

Date: 04/22/2020

Track: Frank Sinatra - Come fly with me

Track location of pause: 3.03

1 Like

Hi @Ofer_Elaz,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. Once these are received, I will request the technical team review them for any further clues.

Hi @noris

My Core is now working and the pausing continues.

Awaiting your comments.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Ofer_Elaz,

Thanks for letting me know the Core is online, I can confirm that the logs have been delivered to our servers properly. I have submitted a request for our technical team to review the logs for further clues and once that’s been complete, myself of another Roon staff member will reach out. I appreciate your patience until this reaches the top of the review queue!

Hello @Ofer_Elaz,

Looking at the logs, it appears that the media isn’t able to be buffered quickly enough for Roon to fill the HQPlayer buffer.

04/22 23:34:22 Debug: [prebuffer] sleeping in read -- this isn't good

Taken in context of the other activity on your core, it appears that Roon is attempting to index and analyze your library but it is running into large amounts of corrupted files. The import process is likely causing serious I/O throughput issues as well as taking processing resources away from the rest of the system.

To isolate this issue, I recommend the following diagnostic tests:
A. Disable all local or SMB storage locations and test playback strictly with Tidal.
B. Connect the Lampi DAC directly to your PC to see if the ultraRendu is a factor in this issue.

-John

Thanks for your reply
I will try the 2 options and let you know asap

Thanks!

@john
Ok so I upgraded SO to v2.8 and everything seems to be ok suddenly for now.
No more pausing…

There is just one other problem I have.
All the songs I play start playing from about the 2nd second.
When I play a track it never starts in the beginning but starts unless it plays continuously and the next track starts without me changing track manually.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hello @Ofer_Elaz,

This is likely caused by some muting process on the Lampi or some behavior in the HQPlayer stack. If you’re able to play to your system output zone without the first two seconds of audio dropping, Roon is not causing this behavior to occur. I recommend reaching out to either Sonore, HQPlayer, or Lampi support for further help with the issue as they’ll be best positioned to determine the cause.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.