Songs titles shuffle by but songs do not play

I am new to Roon, but it was running a few days ago and now it isn’t. I can see all the songs in my library but when I click play, the player just advances to the next track as it the selected track wasn’t found. If I select play of an album or shuffle a genre, the same thing happens repeatedly - that is the title is displayed for a minute and the is replaced with another and them another and on and on.

I have 64 bit Roon running on a stand alone solid state PC connecting to a blue sound node and then into a MAC7200.

Things I have tried (that may have made the situation worse).

Noted that the server PC had two cores running, so I uninstalled both and reinstalled ROON 64. Reset core to local.

Renamed zone Node 2i to Living Room. Noted that this created an unnamed zone which I disabled.

I have noted that Tidal and library tracks behave similarly. But tidal flies through the song titles faster.

I have checked the blue sound and can get other sources to play through that. Wonder if when testing it, I made things worse? Maybe I turned off roon listening if such a thing exists.

@support

Hello @curt_conklin,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Do you have a backup of your Roon database? If so I would suggest that we start fresh here just to get rid of any strange configurations you may have put in place during your testing. Please follow these instructions:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Uninstall Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Find the folder called “RAATServer”
  • Rename the RAATServer folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Install 64-bit Roon using the “All-in-one” package, listed here
  • Start and configure Roon again, first without restoring your backup
  • After confirming that everything is working as expected, then restore your backup

This rename Roon step should look like this in Windows:

Rename%20Roon%20to%20Roon%20Old

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Noris