Sonic orbiter se suddenly not showing up in roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro version 1809, build 17763.437, Intel Nuc core i7-6770HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD / Roon version 1.6, build 416, 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT -AC88U + 3 Ai mesh nodes connected via gigabit ethernet backhaul. All Roon endpoints operating with wired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ok:Ethernet -> Sonore MicroRendu->USB->Musical Fidelity V90 DAC
ok:Ethernet -> Windows 10 PC -> USB -> Schiit Modi DAC
ok:Ethernet -> Allo DigiOne -> coax - > Musical Fidelity V90 DAC
lost: Ethernet -> SonicOrbiter SE (OS 2.3) -> USB - > Questyle CMA 400i

Description Of Issue

Series of issues have popped up with my Roon configuration in the last week. I seem to have resolved most of them, but the above describes current state. My Headphone system, which had worked flawlessly for 2+ years has suddenly disappeared from Roon. I am able to communicate perfectly via the website to the SOSE, but Roon cannot discover it. I’ve checked all diagnostics on the SOSE, and no problems are reported. All network diagnostics appear normal, and all network nodes are behaving normally (52 nodes, including wifi devices).

Prior to yesterday Roon Core seemed to be hogging resources on the dedicated core i7 NUC, so I backed up Roon data, uninstalled Roon Core, and re-installed. So far, this seems to have solved the performance issues. Memory, CPU, and GPU utilization now back to normal.


Hi @Bradley_Reid,

Just to verify here, was the SonicOrbiter showing prior to this re-install or had it been missing before that?

Can you confirm that the USB DAC that is connected to the SonicOrbiter is powered on? If you connect a different USB DAC here is it able to be seen?

The SOSE had disappeared. I also was having some problems with other zones, mostly dropouts and the “tidal connect” error that others have mentioned. When Roon starting cutting out on local owned content, I did some diagnostics on the dedicated NUC that runs Roon Core and saw the performance issues. Simple restarts of the NUC didn’t seem to solve it, so I did the re-install. So dropouts were solved, but still not seeing the SOSE in Roon. As I said, I can ping the SOSE, its registered properly at the router, and I get great response from its little built-in server. The Roon app does feel like it leaks a bit of memory, but as of now, performance is still fine. Memory utilization up from 1gb to 1.25 from this morning, despite no usage.

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.