Sonic Transporter i5 vs MacBook Pro

Not to turn this into a discussion on double blind testing (which would only end badly with no minds changed and clog the thread :wink:) I can’t help myself but mention one thing. Double-blind tests don’t have to be quick A-B snippits; that’s a misconception. One can do ABX tests, for example, where the listening period can be any amount of time you want (hours, days, weeks, months!).

Next you’re gonna tell me you have a TotalDAC D1-Dual + HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE + Stax SR007/SR009? :smiley:

I’m afraid not - but you have a great system! My other gear is in the original post. Probably, the next thing I would do for my system would be a power conditioner. Probably more bang for $$$ than the ST, based on what I’m hearing.

If I remember correctly and have not mixed you up with someone else, your MacBook Pro setup was running on WiFi, whereas the SonicTransporter is now hard wired. This is one significant difference.

Peter
Good memory. Yes, there was no way I was hardwiring my laptop to my 2-channel system, That is like hanging fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror of a Porsche.

1 Like