Sonicorbiter/Roon music skipping on latest firmware 14

I have a Sonore Sonicorbiter SE. I just installed the latest Roon Ready Firmware update (1.014) and I now am experiencing music stuttering and drop out.

Nothing else changed on my NAS. I have rebooted everything numerous times and in different order.

Rebooted the Synology Nas a number of times.

Please advise

1.0.13->1.0.14 did not contain any changes that impact behavior with the current (stable) versions of Roon
1.0.11->1.0.13 only affected behavior in situations where the firmware would have previously failed totally (with certain buggy DACs).

Unless you were running something much older before, I don’t think the software update could be the immediate cause of the problem.

Can you provide more information about your setup?

For example:

• What version of RoonReady firmware were you running previously when things worked?
  • Which content formats are causing trouble?
  • How is your network laid out?
  • Roon or RoonServer? What version#?
  • What DAC are you using? How is it connected to the Sonicorbiter?

Yes. Brian also I noticed I tried to adjust settings within Roon for Memory of Photos/Artwork and new settings cannot be saved. I am defaulted back to 256. I tried to set it an 64k or minimum and every time I make the change and log out and back in the setting is at 256.

With regards to my setup. I was running version 1.0.09 previous.
I mainly have DSDs Mostly all DSD64 and a few DSD128s
My network is 300mbps Up and 300mbps down
Skips on both Mac and remotely when using iPad
I am using a McIntosh D150 on the desktop and a SOtM DAC out of my network remotely.
Remote is connected directly to SonicOrbiter via .5 meter CAT8 net cable then to DAC Sotm

Also, I have assigned Synology Network and Sonicorbiter highest priority in Adaptive router settings.

When playing DSD the meter on the bottom of a song will hang for a few seconds. Red line will stop and music stops. It then buffers and catches up very quickly and the red line and seconds counter starts up again.

Also, the Roon software is being run off of a Mac Mini i7 processor 16gb ram with all other programs shut down.

Mac Mini has 2 x 1TB SSD drives.

Also I noticed I tried to adjust settings within Roon for Memory of Photos/Artwork and new settings cannot be saved. I am defaulted back to 256.

Thanks, I’ve logged a ticket for this internally.

Are you having dropouts/stuttering with just the SonicOrbiter+SOtM or also with the McIntosh?

When playing DSD the meter on the bottom of a song will hang for a few seconds. Red line will stop and music stops. It then buffers and catches up very quickly and the red line and seconds counter starts up again.

Is this happening with the Sonicorbiter, McIntosh, or both?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to pick apart what is isn’t broken so we can narrow down a likely cause. I reviewed the 1.0.9 -> 1.0.11 changes, and they are all related to volume control. None should impact the SonicOrbiter’s behavior.

@mike, when you are around, we should grab a set of logs wherein @Fritz_Curtis starts up the app, then immediately reproduces the dropouts/stuttering so we can see what it looks like. We should grab the Sonicorbiter log after that test separately.