Sonicorbiter SE General Thread

Update:

The Sonicorbiter SE now has the option to install MinimServer via the Software Manager.

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager
  2. Now select Update
  3. Wait for “Back to main menu” to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Update:

The Sonicorbiter SE has an updated available to play native DSD with new devices. Refer here for the list of supported devices.

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

2. Now select Update
  3. Wait for “Back to main menu” to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Just to clarify, my Marantz HD-DAC1 supports native DSD (well I think it does) so should I have to enable DoP to play DSD from Roon + SOSE? I tried with/without enabling DoP and it only works when enabled. I thought if it supported it natively then you wouldn’t need to so this.

Either way you need to check the box in Settings / RoonReady. Then play DSD64 and go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and look for momentary frequency. You should get 174.4 or DoP and 88.2 for native DSD.

Thanks for the info. All good as it was showing 88.2 so native DSD.

When I power off/on my DAC connected to the Sonicorbiter (via USB), it no longer detects the DAC. I have to restart the Sonicorbiter instead. Is this normal? I would expect a Linux OS would be able to detect this, no?

This depends on the DAC. Look here for additional information:

Update Notice:

There is new version of RoonReady available on the Sonicorbiter SE. This new version includes basic bug fixes per Roon documentation.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the Sonicorbiter SE if you have not done so already:

2. Now select Update

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE