SonicTransporter - Brand New - Restored Database Not Working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
SonicTransporter, i9, Linux, Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet, ASUS Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
microRendu > Dac-2

Description Of Issue
Works with stock database, doesn’t work with restored data base - won’t let me log in

@agillis

You might want to post this on their support forum, too.

Hi @David_Haaf,

Do you see any error messages when restoring the backup or does Roon say that the backup restored successfully?

What kind of Core did you create the backup on, was it on another SonicTransporter or a different Operating System?

How are you restoring the backup - via USB / Network / Dropbox ?

I did not see any error messages during the restoration.
It said the restoration was successful.

The db backup was created on my kingdel i7 win10 os

Restoration via eathernet files stored on my QNAP NAS

The other problem I have is my kingdel core doesn’t show up in roon, this started the day I installed the sonictransporter. So I am not able to use roon it is dead.

Please let me know what to do. Can you guys do a team viewer session?

Hi Noris,

Please let me know how to login - I need roon running ASAP.

thank you,
dave

Hi @David_Haaf,

Thanks for those additional details. We do not offer Teamviewer sessions at this time, but I can certainly assist you further here on this online forum.

I’ve just gone ahead an activated diagnostics mode on the SonicTransporter, can you please reboot it and let me know once you have done so?

Diagnostics mode should automatically upload a log set from the SonicTransporter to our systems, please let me know when the unit is next online so I can check for this report, thanks!

Hi Noris, the ST has been rebooted. Please enable diagnostics mode on my kingdel as well. Please work to resolve my issues today.

Hi @David_Haaf,

Thanks for rebooting the ST, I can confirm that the log report has been delivered to our servers.

I’m seeing an Unauthorized error message in logs. When you created the backup, was it from the same email address as the one you’re logged into the Sonic Transporter with?

You can only use backups that were created on the same email address, perhaps you started a new Roon email when you purchased the SonicTransporter?

Yes, same email address as ST
No I did not start a new roon email

1 Like

Thanks for confirming you used the same email address, @David_Haaf. In this case, let me loop in our QA team and request they review logs, once that’s been complete, I will reach out once more, thanks!

Hi Noris, do you have anything for me? It has been a week without roon.

Hi @David_Haaf,

I submitted your case for review with QA, but I haven’t heard any feedback yet, your case is still in the review queue.

In the meantime, you can use a fresh database on the SonicTransporter, and once I hear back from QA we can take a look at next steps on the restored database.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @David_Haaf,

Thanks for your patience while I had a chance to consult with QA regarding your case. QA would like to try the backup you have on their end to see if there are any issues.

Can I please ask that you create a .zip archive of your current Roon backup and upload it to the folder link I sent via private message?

Hi Noris,

I just completed the upload of my database files (61.2 GB) 44 7zip files. I had to upload them into 3 folders. It took 4 days to complete (slow upload speed and many server disconnections). I hope they are all good now.

Please confirm once you download them.

Regards,

Dave

1 Like

Hi @David_Haaf,

Thank you for uploading the backup, I’ll get this over to QA to see if they can reproduce the issue.
There is one more piece needed for testing here, I have followed up via private message.

Hi Noris,

Just sent a reply. Please confirm.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi @David_Haaf,

I did not see a reply from you in our private message thread, please re-send, thanks!

Hi Noris,

I just re-sent a reply. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi @David_Haaf,

Are you using email replies? If so those will not be delivered.

I sent you a private message just now, should show up as a green “1” in the top right corner on https://community.roonlabs.com

Hi Noris,

What is the current status?