sonicTransporter i5 - Issue since installation

Hello,

I recently purchased a sonicTransporter i5 w/ 1TB SSD with an Ultrarendu. I’m now using the sonicTransporter as my Roon server, this is connected to the UR and run through the USB DAC on an Oppo 205. I have a couple Elac Discovery Z3 endpoints that I connect to via wifi for multiroom room listening.

I’m using Spectrum broadband internet (100+ mbps d/l speeds, seems to be the fastest I can find in LA) and have it connected to a Netgear Orbi wifi mesh system with two satellite extenders in a 2200 sq. ft. house. The ST and the UR and connected directly to the Orbing router.

I am using the parametric EQ on the Z3 satellites but am not using anything else in the DSP Engine section.

The problem I’m having is when I group either of the Z3 speakers with the UR and my main stereo, I get a mottled, almost underwater sound from the main system. It goes in and out like that for a while. I never experienced this with the MacMini I was using prior (to be fair, I had all sorts of other issues with that machine). If I can pinpoint what the issue is, I think I have finally found a good set up for streaming after 10+ years. When I am just using my main stereo, with no wifi endpoints involved, the sound is incredible.

Any help identifying the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello @Jason_Musante,

Sorry for the delayed response, we have this scheduled for testing using our Roon Ready hardware in the coming days after the Holliday. I will be sure to reach out when the tech team has had a chance to take a look at this.

-John

No problem. I’m starting to think that this is the Ethernet cables I’m using with the sonicTransporter and the UltraRendu. I’ve ordered some CAT7 gigabit cables to replace my older ones. We’ll see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for responding.

Jason

Nope, changed out all of the ethernet cables and it’s still doing the same things. Any help you could provide would be great. thanks,

Jason