sonicTransporter i9

I did not know that. So the oversampling filters only apply to PCM upsampling and PCM to DSD conversion/upsampling? Do I have that right.

The specs on the SonicTransporte are i9-9000 (no K or S). Are these fast enough as I am not getting more stuttering than optimal? BTW, I am noticing significant performance improvements on 4.9.0 with the M1 Mac. Thank you! I am able now to use the ASDM7EC modulator at higher rates on both two channel and multichannel. I am curious why this is. Could it be the new SDM integrators and/or the NAA streaming performance improvements? Anyway, thank you.

Yes, there are two SDM rate converters “wide” and “narrow” under DSD Source Settings. Plus bunch of SDM integrators related to remodulation. Modulator selection applies to both cases.

Jussi,

I am running HQPlayer Embedded 4.22.0 on my sonicTransporter i9 (i9-9900). In the past, with a different DAC with older versions of HQPlayer Embedded, I tried using ASDM7EC and poly-sync-ext2 while upsampling all PCM and DSD to DSD256. This didn’t play well as it resulted in stuttering.

Well, I am doing some testing with a new update for my DAC that allows it to support DSD256. I decided to try ASDM7EC and poly-sync-ext2 again to see what happened. Well, now it seems to work upsampling all PCM and DSD to DSD256. I tried DSD64 and DSD128. I tried PCM 44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192. They work fine now.

Did you make optimizations that allowed this with the i9-9900?

1 Like

Look at a Innuos Zen Mini MK II

Yes, some of the builds have some new optimizations. Those also means that the code won’t run on older CPUs. But it is less of issue now since most hardware is modern enough.

2 Likes

Nice work Jussi thanks.

Yes, it is nice work. Because of this work allowing DSD256 support with the upsampling filter and modulator I enjoy so much, I get to keep the sonicTransporter i9 that I really do love having. Now it really does do it all for me in my setup!!

1 Like

Works well on my sT i7 as well, Thanks Jussi!!

Dear Andrew,

your Transporter i9 and the exaSound Deltaserver seem very much alike, both using intel i9 9900 processor and managing native DSD64 to 512. The Delta clearly states it manages multichannel DSD files if connected to a multichannel DAC. I have searched through internet but haven’t seen anyting written about your Transporter i9 managing that. If the Delta manages multichannel DSD why shouldn’t the Transporter i9?
Please let me have a technician involved in the making/service of the Transporter i9 give me a correct answer.

Best regards,
Jan Nystrom, Sweden

Yes Multichannel would work well on the sonicTransporter i9. I think you already emailed me today with other questions.

Does anyone have experience with the i9 sonictransporter 2nd Generation? I am considering a purchase. I currently have an i9, but while I can upsample all 2-channel files to 256 DSD with IIR3 Integrator and ASDM7ECv2 modulator with a poly-sync-gauss filter (for PMC files), I am unable to upsample DSD files to 256 in 5.1 multichannel. I have to move to IIR2 and upsample to 128 DSD. Many of my files are 256 so this means downsampling to get them to play. I am hoping that the 2nd gen Sonictransporter will allow me to get the same performance in multichannel as I do in two-channel (upsample to DSD 256 with IIR3 and ASDM7ECv2). Let me know your experience. Thanks.

Interesting to learn that there is a gen 2! @agillis it would be great to know what’s changed and what benefits it provides.

Hello Andrew. I have a HDPlex 300 and a MOCK i9 running Windows 10 and Fidelizer and I would like to improve my sound with a noiseless box. I don’t use DSD, I need a powerful Roon server because I have a large music library in FLAC 16bits. I wonder if the sound quality will not improve if I use the HDPlex 300 or if I would not notice any difference from the optical cable. My DAC is RME ADI-2 and I am not interested for now in buying an OpticalRendu. Please be as detailed and clear as possible. Thanks in advance.

The sonicTransporter i9 does seem like a good solution for you. Can we talk on the phone? It it possible for you to click on the contact us button on smallgreencomputer.com? That way I can call you.

1 Like

Hello Andrew. Thank you very much. Can we talk by private message? My spoken english is not very good, I don’t have much facility for foreign languages. I have also registered on the smallgreen computer forum to ask these questions but it seems that my user is not enabled to write or answer messages.

Sure just click on the contact us button on smallgreencomputer.com. Once I have you email address we can talk over email.

E-mail sent. Thank you very much.

Andrew, Small Green Computer Team,

Any updates on when we will have the opportunity to use the new HQPlayer 5 on our sonicorbitors? Would love to give it a go and fully understand their will be an upgrade fee.
Thanks
Doug