SonicTransporter Stuck Adding Content

@Eric @agillis

I’ve made some progress on issues with adding all my files in my SonicTransporter i5 (with USB 3.0 attached drive). With Roon ver 1.3 (200), I continued having odd problems. Very random. The number of files added could be 12,000 or so or as much as 93,000. Sometimes inbetween (40,000~).

As of now, I’ve actually managed to get the ST to add all the files I should have (other than skipped corrupt files which I think is a different problem and I’ll post on another thread I have for that issue). I’m not convinced the problem is solved, as removing and adding the music directory seems to add a different number of files everytime I do it.

Here’s some details on steps I’ve taken to diagnose:

1. Remove Roon Ready app from ST, reboot, then re-add Roon Ready app.

2. Re-mount the USB 3.0 external drive to the ST.

3. Remove then re-add the music directory from the ST to the music source location within the Roon control program. Let run overnight (or even two days). At this point I was getting very different numbers of tracks over the course of doing this over a week or so. Again, just yesterday I managed to do this step and get the correct number.

4. I’ve used a completely different USB 2.0 external drive (with a backup copy of the same files, formatted the same way) and connected this to the ST. Same problems occur (with random incorrect number of tracks being added).

5. If I run Roon Server on my windows laptop and point the music file location (i.e, mapped over the network) to the USB drive that is connected to the ST), everything always works perfectly every time. That is, track count is correct.

EDIT. In both cases, the USB drive is self powered via the USB port…no separate power supply.

Thoughts?