Sonictransporter won't connect to Lumin U1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonic transporter i5, current Roon build
Alternate core (that always works!): Windows 10 PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Very standard home network, ASUS routers, Ethernet

Lumin U1 mini or PS Audio bridgeII endpoints
20K tracks on QNAP NAS on same home network

Description Of Issue

Roon has worked flawlessly running the core on a multi-purpose Windows 10PC.
I am trying to get it to work on a Sonic Transporter, on the theory that a single purpose device will improve sound quality.

When I switch the core over to the ST, the Lumin and the PSAudio briefly show up, then drop and are not available as audio devices.
I’ve never had this problem using the PC as core, and it’s on the same network - i.e. everything is identical except for the device running core. When I switch back to the PC as core, all endpoints are available.

Please try powering off all the network devices including the SonicTransporter (with proper shutdown procedure) and Lumin. Power cycle the Asus router and all switches / access points, if any. Wait for 5 minutes then power up the the devices. Verify that the SonicTransporter web configuration can be accessed via network.

I noticed that you mentioned Asus routers - plural. If you really are using more than one router, please describe your network topology in more detail.

Tag @agillis

I went through the power cycle routine.
I also relocated the SonicTransporter, connecting it to a different switch on the network.
Problem appears to be solved and Roon is stable on the ST.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.