SonicTransporteri5 - No artists found in your library [Resolved]

Roon was working fine on my system until my core device, a SonicTransporteri5 broke down and was replaced.

Now when I click on the Roon icon on my computer screen, the following message comes up “No artists found in your library”.

My music files are stored in FLAC format on a Vortexbox server on my home network that is all connected with ethernet cable and USB cords.

How do I get Roon to recognize my music files? Attached is a screen shot showing the Vortexbox properties on the Vortexbox server?

Has the vortexbox IP address changed?

1 Like

The Vortexbox IP address has not changed.

I am not computer literate so how do I point Roon in the right direction to access my FLAC files on the Vortexbox server ?

Greg

I’m thinking this might be something @agillis can help with.

This would be a @support question for the Roon support folks. They know a lot more about how Roon works then I do.

Although I can see from your image you don’t have the VortexBox mounted as a network share

add folder -> browse -> Add network Share

is what you need to do.

After Andrew Gillis suggested that I had to mount the Vortexbox server as a network share I went to Roon to try to “Add network share” after trying to follow the Roon instructions.

I tried to add the Network Share Location smb://192.168.0.5/Multimedia/Music but a message came up “Invalid network path specified”

What network path do I use?

Greg

Please use the backslashes " " in your file path

I tried using “” in my file path and a message came up stating"There was an unexpected error:UnexpectedError"

I tried again and got the same result.

For your information the Vortexbox server has a UNIX based operating system.

Do you have any other ideas?

Greg

Two things to try:

• Try smb://192.168.0.5/Multimedia/ then, in Roon navigate to the /Music folder

• Confirm 192.168.0.5 is the right IP address by visiting http://myvortexbox.com/

Mike;

I tried smb://192.168.0.5/Multimedia/ but it came up with the same message “Invalid network path specified”

Anything else to tyry

Greg

I suspect this is going to be something with the Vortexbox, and I’m at a bit of a disadvantage here having never used one.

Are you able to open a command prompt in Windows (type CMD in start menu) and then ping the Vortexbox by typing:

ping 192.168.0.5

That would at least confirm the device is on your network and accessible from the Windows machine.

1 Like

Mike:

Vortexbox shows up on my Network when I click on the network icon. The Vortexbox ripper/server is connected via ethernet cable to my network and via USB cable to my integrated amplifier for playing music.

I use my Dell Desktop computer (Windows 10 operating system) by going to the website http://myvortexbox.com in order to control what happens to CD’s that I am ripping on the Vortex ripper/server. The CD’s are ripped in FLAC format to the hard drive in the Vortexbox and the Vortexbox accesses metadata for the music through my internet and stores the metadata. Therefore I know that the Vortexbox is on my network and is working.

The Roon core is another server (Sonictransporter i5) connected to a MicroRendu and to my Audio-gc DAC (all connected to my network).

Roon was working well before with this configuration but as I said before the SonicTransporter i5 broke down and was replaced by a new one recently and now Roon can’t seem to access the music on my Vortexbox ripper/server.

Do you have any further thoughts on how to get Roon to access the FLAC music files on my Vortexbox?

@Greg_Johnson

Can you not remember how you first set it up? Did you have instructions, make any notes or was it set up by someone else.

Russ

Ratbert;

I got Roon working again by using the path \192.168.0.5\files suggested by Andrew Cox around January 3, 2017.

Therefore my problem is solved.

Thanks for your help.

Greg