Sonore OpticalRendu will not show up in Zones

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

SonicTransport i5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The Switch is a TRENDnet 5-Port Unmanaged 10 Gigabit model TEG-S50g

The WiFi router is a TP-Link AC-1200

The Ethernet to Optical converter is a Sonore Optical Module.

The cable from the OM is I using a 7 meter Ultra Spec Cables’ OM1 (62.5/125) Fiber Optic SFP compliant Cable that Andrew at Small Green approved.

The last thing in the path is the Sonore OpticalRendu.

Current configuration: cable providers modem>ethernet>router>ethernet>switch>ethernet>OM>Fiber Optic SFP>OR.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

My Dac is Bel Canto DAC 3.7 and Ref Link USB to Spdif converter

Description Of Issue

I cannot get the Roon interface to see my OpticalRendu in the Roon Zones. iMy iPad shows up the Room Zones. Using Roon my music library from my SonicTransporter i5 streams just fine to my iPad so these are on the network.

I am using my iPad for GUI and set up. I ran Roon with out a computer and it worked fine in my previous home with my Sonore UltraRendu. Currently both the SonicTransporter i5 and the OpticalRendu show up on the MySonicOrbiter GUI with IP addresses. My iPad does show up on the Roon device Zone list but the OpticalRendu does not show up.

I’m sure somewhere in my router set up there’s something I need to do address like the Mac address maybe the dynamic IP address should be static instead. And if so which IP address would I put in? I have an access window for the router for advanced adjustments but I don’t understand any of it, it might as well in in Latin.

Right now I have Wi-Fi throughout the house from my Wi-Fi router

And STi5 and OM are plugged in the switch and GUI shows STi5 and OR with IP addresses. The OM has two green lights continually on and one yellow blinking light. The OpticalRendu’s light is green. The internet is functioning from the router so I know the cable providers modem and the ethernet feed coming out of it is fine. There is something I’m not seeing here.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

@Jesus_Rodriguez Sonore

Hi @David_Mosher,

Can you please provide a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? It should look something like this:

Is there any change in behavior if you temporarily connect both the Core and Ethernet endpoint directly to the router as a test?

I took advise. I tried several configurations with the switch before and after the router. Last night I pulled the switch completely out of the path and I got Roon to see the OR. The OR did not initially show up in Zones I had to go the settings/audio drop down menu and select my OR. I’m not at all sure why the switch that worked fine with my UltraRendu will not work with the OM and OR. With out the switch I’m sure I loose a some extra isolation but at least things are working. Not sure what sonic comprises I’m making using a $50 router to output to the OM.
Thanks for the help.

Hi @David_Mosher,

Glad to hear that the system is stable with the switch removed. Sometimes switches don’t pass multicast traffic properly, and this might be happening here, it’s hard to say. In either case, if things are working with the switch removed, and you may want to keep using this setup.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.