Sonore OpticalRendu Zone Disconnects Frequently (ref#TAEC11)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Playback

Description of Issue

Sonore OpticalRendu Zone Disappears/Disconnects Frequently

This worked flawlessly for about 2 years. beginning approx. 6 months ago the Audio Zone for the OpticalRendu in Roon will disconnect after a short period of time playing music (disappears from the Zones list in Roon). Requires a reboot of the OpticalRendu to re-populate the Zone List to include the OpticalRendu. Start the music again, then after playing for a few minutes it will drop again. Sent the unit to Andrew @ Small Green Computer where they ran it without a problem for 24 hours (they returned the unit to me). Appears to be a new issue with Roon? We have changed nothing in our system over these years. We have a simple, hardwired 1Gig service with no other devices or extenders.

Please help us, we’ve tried many things over a multi month period to no avail. I am a lifetime member.

Thanking you in advance - Steve

Roon Core Platform

Linux (NAS/SonicTransporter/Antipodes/Ubuntu/etc.)

Linux Core Type

SonicTransporter

Roon Core Specifications

unsure

Connected Audio Devices

SONORE OpticalRendu

Home Network Details

Ethernet only, not wireless. Comcast 1 Gig service using the best current modem/router unit. No switches or extenders

1 Like

Hello @Steve_Morey ,

Thanks for your message. Does this issue happen for any other zones or is it limited to the OpticalRendu zone? Are you able to play to a Roon Remote internal speaker output (System Output) without issue? Can you please let us know the exact local time + date + track when you have this issue next? Once we have this info, we can then enable diagnostics mode to look over the logging.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! This only happens with the Optical Rendu zone. I’m not sure why you mean by a Roon Remote speaker? I can play to the zone for speakers in my laptop, iPad and iPhone. Will run the Optical Rendu this afternoon and record the time of the drop for you to diagnose. Thanks again!

My last to posts to you are"awaiting approval" Please advise?

The Optical Rendu Zone dropped off at 1:39 Mountain Standard Time today, Wed Nov 15. I was playing Track 2 from Roy Hargrove “Family” album. Kindly let me know what, if anything, I need to do to send you for your diagnosis.

Your current trust level is 1, so your posts are reviewed before being published. Your trust level increases when you read and post more often.

1 Like

Did you have a chance to run the diagnostics?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.