Sonore opticalRendu

Hi guys. Recently got the optical Rendu and it sounds amazing. I have a custom built power supply (built by Kenneth Lau) to power it. It’s a 7.5 v supply. I’ve heard it’s normal for the Rendu to run warm. Not too hot to touch but warm. I’m assuming this is normal. Just want reassurance as it really sounds wonderful.

Thanks!

1 Like

Is this the RAAT only version? In the microRendu I had I only used RAAT so the Roon OR is very interesting if I choose that route again.

It’s normal.

1 Like

Thanks. I should’ve mentioned I’m I’m using it with a sonic transporter.

Glad to know that it’s normal to run warm.

11 linear regulators powering the most important circuits, USB circuits, and the optical network isolation circuits:) The USB 5 VDC output has two linear regulators in parallel.

is the opticalRendu for roon isolation combo shipping at this time?

thx

Yes they are.

thanks – any possibility the OR is available in the black finish?

These were previously on back order/pre-order, the website still has that?

Not the Roon only unit which is silver only.

It’s fixed now.

Thinking about upgrading from my SoTM sm-200 neo to the opticalrendu with optical ether conversion kit. Anyone think that’s a bad idea?

Really excellent endpoint, especially with a weaker dollar…You can use other converters, SFPs should match. EtherREGEN works. Sonore converter is also excellent. Ideally try before you buy?

Thanks. Unfortunately didn’t see an option to try before I buy. So i went ahead and ordered.
So far, great sound and great feature set. Very fast to switch between roon and shairpoint (so I can play say youtube from my mac as well as roon). Seems to sound better than the SMS but can’t pinpoint it. Somehow more crystal clear.

I am trying to understand the product Sonore opticalRendu.
I am interested in buying a renderer. I would need some advice deciding between a Sonore product and an Auralic Aries G2.1.
From what I understand both products fullfill the same purpose.
Would love to hear from users. Thanks!

If you don’t need anything else than USB, go opticalRendu.
What’s your DAC ?

Sonore’s are great products with excellent support. I have an ultrarendu.

I have a Teac UD 505 DAC.

The two items you are comparing are vastly different in several areas and not really apples to apples. Do you have specific goals / requirements?

If you’re only interested in USB input, the Sonore is OK.