SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

I was afraid you would say that:) It might work…try it.

The following items have been added to the list of confirmed devices:

• Simaudio Moon (confirmed, WAV)
  • Weiss legacy DLNA/UPNP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)
  • Naim DLNA/UPNP capable devices (confirmed, )
  • Melco DLNA/UPNP capable devices (confirmed, WAV)

Not working so far with Lumin (Roon>SOSE>Lumin T1). sose-00d45b appears under squeezebox as a zone under networked in Roon and is configurable. SonoreUPnP Bridge Settings picks up the Lumin as renderer and is configurable. Pressing play results in no progress bar movement in Roon & no sound. Lumin App & Lumin box say “Streaming”. Would love this to work.

I think we have isolated the issue with Lumin. It could take some time to sort out though.

Thanks Jesus, that puts you about a year ahead of Lumin who have been promising support for Roon since November 2015. I have much more confidence that you’ll find a solution before them. I am enjoying the SOSE so much. A wonderful time for computer audio. Please let us know the outcome here.

@Jesus_Rodriguez, can I check I have this correct please?

If I have a SOSE or mR on the same network as my Roon server and have a Naim streamer on the same network, the new beta lets me connect via Ethernet to the Naim, not a direct connection?

That basically the Naim streamer shows up as a squeezebox in Roon?

Thanks

SJB

They do not connect to each other. Each unit goes connected to the router via Ethernet. If you go to Roon / Settings / Audio Setup the unit (sonicTransporter, Sonicorbiter SE, and or microRendu) will be listed under Squeezebox.

You mean we should wait to appear under “Available Apps” under “Software Update” menu?

Unfortunately, we have parted ways with SOtM and no longer provide support for their products. Understand that the sMS-100 is a dated design and the software is no longer being updated. What I can do is offer you a $100 credit towards the purchase of any of our (Sonore or Small Green Computer) Sonicorbiter based units.

The credit can be applied towards one of the following devices:

1. Sonicorbiter SE
  2. microRendu
  3. sonicTranspoter
  4. sonicTransporter i5
  5. sonicTransporter AP
    Note: This offer does not apply towards accessories or bundle/combo sales.

These products can be found here:
www.sonore.us or www.smallgreencomputer.com

Just purchase the unit a regular price and send us an email and we will process the refund. Proof of purchase is required.

Just a quick update about Sonore UPnP Bridge (beta).

I am running the following:-

Mac Mini (Roon Server installed)
Sonore Sonic Orbiter SE
Naim Mu-So

All the above are connected to my home network with CAT 7 high quality ethernet cables.

Everything has been setup as per the instructions from Sonore for UPnP to function properly. Naim Mu-So is capable of 24/192, but this setting causes dropouts every 10-20 seconds, so I switched to a maximum sample rate of 24/96 and this works perfectly apart from one issue.

When playing an album from the beginning, the album plays perfectly to the end, but if I want to play one individual track the song will stop about 15-20 seconds from the end of the track.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jesus,

I have set up the UPnP bridge on my SonicTransporter and it finds my Naim streamer.

However, it doesn’t show in the audio set up in Roon as shown above?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Apologies I was being dumb and hadn’t enabled squeezebox support in settings.

All now working and sounding great

Sounds promising Paul, can you give us a few details about the setup?

Do you have to select wav?
Does 24/192 files work?
Anything not working as well as direct Roon connection?

SJB.

This all sounds great, and interesting - but I’m wondering if Roon is/isn’t working on native UPNP endpoint support (at least for some manufacturers) itself ?.

Only for Sonos as far as I know.

Right I see. That actually suits me perfectly, as I’m running a Sonos Connect.

Good morning John,

Set up was easy. Within the SONORE UPnP Bridge app my Naim 272 showed under “available renderers”. Max sample rate - None and Output Format - WAV. When set to LPCM (not sure what that is?) I just got very loud hissing which nearly blew my tweeters and hearing!

Once the above was complete, Squeezebox appeared as an option under “audio” in Roon but only once Squeezebox was enabled in “setup”

I’ve tried pretty well every format without issue including DSD and Roon appears to be working as expected.

I tried the SONORE UPnP Bridge app out of curiosity as I send Roon to my 272 via a microRendu and Chord 2Qute. The UPnP bridge works perfectly but not unsurprisingly the microRendu and Chord 2Qute provides significantly better SQ to my old ears.

The relatively recent purchase of the 2Qute has led me to review my set-up as a whole. As a result I have an audition booked this week to compare my Naim 272 - 250DR - ATC SCM 40 with the Chord Hugo TT and the active versions of the SCM 40’s. Currently my 272 is acting as a pre amp only which is a waste. I might end up with the TT feeding my 250DR and SCM 40’s or possibly a complete move away from Naim which until I heard the 2Qute I would never have envisaged.

Thanks Paul,

For the good of humanity in general it would be great to get your opinion of Roon >sonicorbitor> 272 with direct DNLA to the 272 using the Naim app?

I realise it’s subjective but it would be interesting to see if the chord is improving the sound or if the bridge is having a slight negative impact.

SJB

OK i’m probably being a bit thick but I can’t see anyway to control Roon >sonicorbitor> 272 with direct DNLA to the 272 using the Naim app? It doesn’t show up under UNpN in the Naim app as Asset does which sits on my NAS?

I’m probably not making myself clear.

I’m looking for a comparison of how the 272 works natively, using the Naim app and asset to send music to it (no Roon in the equation) so we are listening to a Naim/ asset DNLA / UPnP stream.

I’m wondering is there any loss of quality when using Sonicorbiter bridge via Roon to send the DNLA/ UPnP stream.

…if that makes sense?

SJB